It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2001, 12:29 AM   #1

yati HB User
Post Pain in center of Chest when I breath

I been having a pain in the center of my Chest when I breath for almost 1 month. I went to a GP and was told it was normal for this to happen to a woman having this pain, something about the center bone on the chest being different that a mans. Anyway the DR offer no real help. Any suggestion? I am a 22 year old, very slim 97lbs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2001, 06:24 AM   #2

tinker59 HB User
Time for a new doctor. It is absolutely not normal for women to have pain when they breathe! I'm a woman and I breathe quite well!

Maybe you cracked a rib or who knows what else. But, get a second opinion and DO NOT go back to that doctor. He sounds like a nut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2001, 01:12 PM   #3

rocky59 HB User
Hello Yati! I also agree with tinker59,as there is no doubt about it that your present GP has got a screw loose somewhere.Now as for your condition,let me ask you if you feel pressure as if air were being trapped in your esophagus and if you have or feel the need to belch.If your answer is yes,then you may have a condition called Aerophagia.In any case find yourself a new doctor and fire your old one.

Old 10-12-2001, 03:28 PM   #4

kutie HB User
Hi Yati, I had/have this SAME thing. I went to the doc and he diagnosed me with "Chostocondritis" - It is kind of like arthritis in the chest - it is where the ribs meet the sternum and it tries to swell and it has no where to go, so it hurts. It also hurts when I move a certain way. I would go to the doc and ask him if it could be this... He told me to take Aleve for about 3 weeks (ant-arthritis). I am a 26 yr old female - doc said this is common with women in their 20's.

Old 10-12-2001, 03:29 PM   #5

kutie HB User
I forgot to mention it does hurt sometimes when I take a deep breath, it is getting better. It has been about 3 weeks since I noticed it. I have been taking the Aleve - the doc said it should go away on it's own...

Old 04-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
(female)

Marla87 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Pain in center of Chest when I breath

I've had this condition for almost 3 years now. I've been tested and treated for constacondritus, pluricy, pnemonia, arthritus, a heart murmur, athsma, broken bones, gallbladder disease, liver function, pregnancy, pancreas disease, and depression. I've taken the aleve 'challenge' and after 3 years I feel no better, in fact I feel worse.

I've had my blood tested, I've had shots, and X-Rays. I've had more EEG's and EKG's then I can count. I've been told its all in my head or that its just an attempt for attention but its not. I've seen 13 different doctors working for 3 different hospitals and private practices.

I'm a very fit 20 year old female and I can no longer run and play with my 6 year old step son because I quickly succum to the worst pain ever. I have to stop for a break every few steps going up my stairs to my third floor apt.

Its a very upsetting situation if any of you can tell me whats going on or suggest something to tell a doctor (whome I've all but lost faith in) that would be excellent.

I dont know if yours is a lung pain but mine is more of a heart pain. It feels like my heart is filled with phlem but if i push on my chest plate it goes away. It happens more in attacks then constant pain.

I'm elated that I've found somewhere to tell my troubles

Closed Thread