It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2003, 05:18 PM   #1

englishrose101 HB User
Unhappy Ms , thyroid problem or what? Lost

I experienced numbness in my right hand an heart palpatations two years ago. The palpatations episodes lasted for about six months. Developed Carpul Tunnel. About six months ago I experienced blur vision and sore eyes. Diagnoised dry eyes and eye drops solved it. Eye lid twiched one time. Early Octotober 2002 I noticed I had very unsteady hands. I have always had a noticeable fine tremor in my hands. Third week of October had buning spasm in right leg and arm. Lasted for few seconds. Next day had tremendous amount of tingling and numbness in feet and hands. Same day hand noticable tremor in both hands(more prominent in right),twitching under skin all over body, all over body jerks. From that point forward I continued to have postural action tremors, jerks, twitches,short periods of numbness, tingling and burning all over my body. Just recently spasms returned mostly in legs but also in arms. I have been diagnoise with Fibemalgia. During the intial attack in October 2002 I had two blood test come back showing a slight hyperthyroid. Next two test showed my thyroid was noraml. Just recently I was diagnoised with extremely dry eyes. Experienced sore eyes. Eye drops helped it. My mri came back normal. I have seen two neurologist. They say Multiple Sclerosis is not a possibility. One neurologist who trained at the Mayo Clinic says I have enhanced tremor. I still question if it could be Ms. I have not had some of the more basic symptoms of Ms. I am at a loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #2

kim simone HB User
Hi Englishrose!

We share a common bond!

I have been going through this for 9 months. I am convinced it is thyroid/anxiety related. I am so much better since accepting it as no big deal!

9 months ago I started having eye twitch. I have a thyroid problem, and was having some pain in my throat. I always fear the worst, so I figured it was cancer. My anxiety was high, then the twitches, spasms, tremors and buzzing sensations started. I thought MS, and other serious diseases. I made my self sicker with worry. Pretty soon I got tingling and felt weakness in my legs. More worry. Then I really KNEW I was dying...NOT! All of my problems stemmed from my anxiety and constant worry! I had every test done. Saw a hundred Drs. Finally I gave in. I made myself believe it was anxiety related. I gave that theory a try. I went on Zoloft, kept busy and kept telling myself I was fine. (All the Dr.s said I was) Little by little, I started getting better. I now KNOW I was making myself sick with worry. Don't get me wrong, I still twitch and tremor on occasion. But I'm fine!

I think you will be too!

Go to the stress and anxiety forum here.

Kim

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 03-27-2003).]

Old 03-27-2003, 05:59 PM   #3

ronaldo1 HB User
Englishrose,

I am having the same problems you are having. I have thyroid antibodies for hashimotos (hypo) and sever dry eye problems as well. I have developed pins and needles and muscle weakness in both arms and legs and am scared to death that I have MS as I also have a buring sensation/sensitivity in my head.

I have seen so many doctors but have yet to see a neurologist. You should take comfort in knowing that your MRI came back normal. I wish I could say the same thing. Also, if you do not have any other symptons, you are probably not dealing with MS. Have you been given treatment for the thyroid problem?

Old 06-01-2003, 11:46 AM   #4

englishrose101 HB User
Kim Simone,

Thanks for e-mailing me. Regrettfully I am just now checking your response. Like you, I am worrying myself to death.Thankfully you have been able to move on.I am trying. I have had my tremors and jerks consistently since 10/02 . However,my burning, tingling and numbnes have improved. I have gone for weeks with no sensations. Just recently I have been experiencing these sensations for a moment or so a couple of times of week. My dry eyes seem to be improving. I saw a thyroid doctor a couple of days ago. He said my thyroid looked a bit enlarged. But he said my tremors were not a cause of my thyroid but my other symptoms could be. Since 12/2002 my blood test for thyroid have been normal, hypo, hyper and boarderline. Tremors are only tied to hyperthyroid. He mentioned Ms. That did not help me. I am thinking about going to Vanderbilt University. They have an MS clinic. I will try to follow your advice. I have been trying to eat very healthy, meditate and work out.

Thanks

Old 06-01-2003, 11:53 AM   #5

englishrose101 HB User
Ronaldo1,

Did your mri show something? I appreciate you response. I am just now investigating the thyroid connection.

Thanks

Closed Thread