It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 12:16 PM   #1

Oops HB User
Post Red Ears

I have an unsual disorder that even the docs are not sure of. Usually once or twice a day my ear or ears get red and hot. My face gets very hot, get a headache in various places and then get fatigued. All the symptoms dont always happen but sometimes they do.

Crazy HUH?

Old 01-15-2003, 08:13 PM   #2

Amosquito HB User
I think they call it "uncontrollable blushing". I saw a story on 20/20 or one of those types of shows a year or more ago. I get the blotching and the more I blotch (not on ears, but neck, etc.) the more I feel it and it gets worse. I'm an anxious person, but I get more anxious/self conscious with this happening my whole adult life!
Do a search for "uncontrollable blushing", or "compensatory sweating" the young man on that show had the red ears, neck and face *and* sweated overly. They do a procedure where they cut some nerve that stops them both, if you're lucky.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2003, 08:58 AM   #3

OkieGal HB User
Oops!!!
I am so glad I read your post. I thought I was the only person in the world that this happens to.
Sometimes for no particular reason at all my right ear turns bright red and feels like it is burning. It sometimes lasts only a few minutes and sometimes longer. There is nothing that I do or don't do that brings this on. I have talked to my doctor about this but he doesn't know either.
Please if you find anything out please let me know. You can email me at [removed].net
Thanks
Jenny from Tulsa, OK

[Please read and follow the board posting guidelines
as you agreed to do when you registered for Healthboards.
Do not post your email address on the message board.]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 03-14-2003).]

Old 01-31-2003, 12:49 PM   #4
Inactive

laci HB User
Not crazy.
My son use to get those red hot ears as a youngster. I attributed it to his allergic reaction to mold. We had alot in our house when he was young. Moved from there shortly.
I had a red nose and eyes many times because of the mold.
Any mold in your house? In your carpeting?

Old 02-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #5

4timegranny HB User
This is my first to visit the board. I have been having severe sweats and flushing for several years. At first the Dr.s tried treating with HRT thinking this was a menopausal thing,now I am post menoapusal and the Dr.s just dismiss me with I don't know. Well today I started my own research on the web. I found it.It is called Hyperhidrosis. All the symtoms are there, including anxiety.. I have gone out into freezing weather to cool off. I also am disabled with CFDS,Fibromyalgia,and arthritis. Needles to say my insurance is a HMO. The Dr.s don't seem to take me seriously when I tell them what is happening to me. Well I have just printed off 8 pages of information on this disease. I hsve an appointment next week and hope that now he will listen to me. I was treated with Klonopin for several years and during that time I was able to function. Then I moved to a different part of the country and the Dr. took me off of it. The symtoms returned within about 2 months and I have not been able to convince a Dr. that I have a problem since then. I have changed primary care physicians several times in hope that I could find one that would listen to me and do some research. i hope this will be of some help. I know what it is to search for answers and never find them. I feel that with this information I can get them to listen. God Bless

Old 02-27-2003, 12:41 PM   #6

ismyis HB User
For the last couple years, I, too, have had this problem. It seems like it's always after 2pm at work. I get kind of tired, sometimes have to use the bathroom a lot, get really dry, lips get dry, and my ears are red hot! I mean dark red! I look like a freak. My cheeks feel a bit hot, too.

I wonder if I'm just dehydrated or something.

Either way, my ears sure are burning right now, which is why I searched this topic out.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #7

snowbug HB User
This is interesting because I thought I was the only person who had this ear thing going on!! I also have mild rosacea so I thought it was connected to that in some way. When I get embarrassed my face gets bright red and someimes my chest gets flushed too. Speaking in front of more than 3-4 people will do it too.

At least we know we're not alone!

Old 03-14-2003, 11:33 AM   #8

Siientx HB User
Red face

I am 13 years old, And i also thought i was the only one with this problem. My ears would grow beet red. and turn extremely hot. Happens everyday! 1-3 TIMES. It also happens after i masturbate. Is there a way to stop/prevent this? Its embarassing.

Thank you.

- SX

Old 03-21-2003, 05:24 PM   #9

johnny11 HB User
I too suffer from this condition. One ear, sometimes the left, other times the right, will turn beet red and burn. My entire face sometimes is affected as well, though it doesn't get as red as the ears! This also sometimes affects my hands and feet. I feel burning, heat, pressure, and sometimes a headache, very uncomfortable and embarrassing. Temperature change, stress, and anger can bring on attacks. It also seems to occur a lot after eating?? Do any of you have other symptoms such as fatigue, eye pain/pressure, burning sensations or pain elsewhere, etc? Do an internet search on Raynaud's syndrome!

Old 04-30-2003, 10:57 AM   #10

Amosquito HB User
Someone mentioned Hyperhydrosis and that is also what they call "uncontrollable blushing". I get the blushing but not the sweating. I get TOO hot from not sweating and overheat and get heat sick. It happens really quickly outside with sun on my head, or in a hot car, but oddly enough, I can take hot showers on my head for a long time and I'm fine???????

Old 05-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #11

dig HB User
i had the same things with my ears occurring mostly in the evening, every evening. experimenting with my diet for stomach problems made the ear thing go away, at the time i cut out gluten and casein. i don't know which one helped, i think perhaps the casein (dairy). so perhaps for me it was mild allergy related. i would often feel hot in even comfortable rooms and my ears would light up. only happens rarely now.

Old 05-09-2003, 06:13 AM   #12
Inactive

rsg HB User
A long time ago they thought this may be food allergies

Old 08-11-2003, 10:52 AM   #13

TOMELI HB User
Hi OOPS!

I happend too read your letter, and I had something simular 12 years ago. I see that others thinks it has something dto do whit blushing. Of course it might.. But not in my case.

My right ear turned red for no reson. I could last from a few minutes to halv an our. I could also feel dizzy, and get headache.

After a year, and a lot of spesialist who did not understand what i could be, I went to a chiropractor. When I told him my symptoms he told me that a had a bad neck, and some nerves in the neck where in press.

AFTER 2 TREATMENTS THE PROBLEM WAS BLOWN AWAY. (I go back once a year to keep my neck i good shape)

GOOD LUCK

------------------

Old 08-15-2003, 08:38 PM   #14

twmoore27 HB User
Red face

I have had trouble just after I get out of the shower, not all the time about 3/4 of the time my ears get beat red and are very uncomfortable for like an hour! It sucks but i would like any tips to get rid of this annoying situation

Old 09-05-2003, 04:54 AM   #15

ANNETTE H HB User
Red face

At last!! As some of you said"I thought I was the only one with this kind of problem!" I tried the Thyroid BB, because I am Hypo-T, and got a few answers. My problem is a little different than blushing. I get this RED MASK that looks like the phantom's.It has only happened a few times,but boy what looks I get!! I can draw line along the edge from the right side of my forehead down across my nose down to the left corner of my mouth all the way to my hair line. Blood red and hotter than you would think skin could get! I don't even try to cool it off any more,it just takes time to go away! I have always been a blusher and a sweater,too, but this is too,too, much! I turn red in the face with almost any stress,heat or tiredness.No diarhea,no headache,but my left eye burns and feels very dry after. I haven't been to the chiropractor for a while, but if it helped TOMELI,I'll go back to mine with this info.I'll look up Hyperhidrosis. Thanks to all!

[This message has been edited by ANNETTE H (edited 09-05-2003).]

Closed Thread