It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
(male)

GloriousSulk HB User
Never-ending headache

I had a c-section and experienced severe headaches the day after my daughter was born. I have had two neurologists diagnose the headaches as low pressure headaches. I have had three blood patches. Each time the headaches improved for a couple of days and then returned. I had a cisternogram which failed to find the leak. I have awakened every morning for the past 14 weeks with a dull headache which increases in intensity as the day progresses. Some days are worse than others. On the really bad days I can't get my head off the pillow. I am concerned because they did not find the leak when I had the cisternogram.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Never-ending headache

Sometimes an MRI with contrast is required to see the CSF fluid leakage. I assume you had your C section with a spinal anesthesia? If your headaches improve with lying down and worsen when upright, it does sound like a CSF fluid leak. Are you on aspirin or non steroidals, like ibuprofen or naproxen, that may be causing the blood patches not to hold? These drugs inhibit the platelets from clotting which is how a blood patch works to cover the hole, form a clot and allow the hole to heal. I would ask for an MRI of back with contrast to be sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply