It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
(female)

Conkers HB User
Ear Cartilage pain

Hell everyone,

I am new to this but have come across a few posts dated back to 2007 from Stepper etc on this subject and I just wondered if there were any updates on this issue. People were trying B6 supplements etc...

My beloved sister has been suffering from ear cartilage pain for about 5 years now. It started by her having a few twinges and has, over the years, progressed into chronic pain. She also has pain on the side of her neck (muscles on either side of her windpipe) and also has sore thumb joints and general tiredness. The doctor has just last week diagnosed her with polychondritis but I think that was mainly because all her blood work is fine (no markers whatsoever) and he has run out of options. She has been put on steroids for 6 weeks to see if they help and they do seem to be working. It is all very scary for her and our family.

I also started (4 months ago) having joint pain in my wrists, fingers, thumb, twinges in my big toe, ankles, mainly on my right side. I also have fullness in my right ear and have to constantly pop my ear and the odd twinge. I feel very tired and have low iron levels (20). I am seeing a rhemy in a few weeks. My GP thinks is could be slapped cheek virus (Parvo) but I don't think it is. I have tested negative for Rheumatoid Arthritis (ccp blood test and rheumatoid factor). B12 is fine but not tested for B6. I have now idea what is wrong but worry about lupus and polychondritis.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any updates on their condition and to see if anyone with ear cartilidge pain has any suggestions for alternative treatment or any tips on easing my sisters ear pain.

Thank you everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply