It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

frei0146 HB User
Exclamation NEED DIAGNOSIS - Syncope, Unexplained Bruises, and Joint Pain

Hello!

I just recently finished a work-up at the Mayo Clinic where supposedly the best doctors and service providers in the nation are completely baffled and stumped.

For 2 years I have had episodes of completely unprovoked episodes of fainting where I have roughly 30 seconds of warning. Flushed, nauseous, sweating, hearing loss, and then vision loss and unconsciousness. I also have bruises that show up on a daily basis on my legs, arms, and chest that are not from trauma.

The bruising can be on its own or it can be associated with crippling joint pain. If my joints are involved, the bruises show up on the joint itself.

I have had a myriad of other symptoms as well. Extreme fatigue, lightheaded/dizzy, disoriented, and facial numbness.

I have seen cardiology, neurology, and hematology and haven't been able to pinpoint a single thing. My labs are perfect as well as my physical examinations. I have also had an MRI of my brain, and EEG, EKG, and Echo. Nothing significant.

I would appreciate any and all comments if anyone has experienced anything like this or has any ideas. I am at the end of my rope and just want to feel better. My internist is open to new things to try so please be open and honest so I have a list of things to bring up during my next visit.

Thanks so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
(female)

sydneysmommy HB User
Re: NEED DIAGNOSIS - Syncope, Unexplained Bruises, and Joint Pain

Google Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and orthostatic intolerance. I had to be diagnosed with a Tilt Table Test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
(male)

MonkeysOnStrike HB User

I've had a similar situation. It happens when I stand, and I don't get a huge warning, but my face turns pale, I get weak, and my vision blurs, but I've only passed out once from it. It's been going on for 10 years, and I've had all the same tests as you, and they all came back normal. I did a tilt table test and it came back fine, a 2 day EEG and EKG, echo, etc.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
(female)

Eb678 HB User

I have the exact symptoms! I had all of the heart tests possible short of anything invasive( im 25 so blockages have been ruled out). I finally was diagnosed last week with cardioinhibitory syncope. They feel is was caused by a virus. We are hoping it will go away as fast as it came on, but until then they plan to put me on an SSRI with the intent of stopping this nervous system pattern. Have you had a Tilt test? This is the only positive test Ive had come back.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

painsucks2008 HB User

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome with POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). My daughter and I both have EDS. It is a genetic mutation with your body's collagen production. There are 6 types and there effects range from joint pain, poor wound healing, blood pressure issues, unexplained bruising, heart valve problems, skin problems, etc. My daughter and I have Type 3 Hypermobility with a Vascular cross-over.

You have all the signs. All your tests will come back normal. Only a few types have genetic markers but the rest are diagnosed by symptoms. Look up the EDS foundation and get the questions to ask your doctor list.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-04-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website

Reply Reply