It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Inactive

laurabell HB User
??? about raynauds syndrome

doc said she thinks i might have this, but she didn't run any tests or anything. should there be certain tests run to rule out anything else?? do you have any advice on how to deal with this? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

ShazzG HB User
Question Re: ??? about raynauds syndrome

undefinedundefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabell
doc said she thinks i might have this, but she didn't run any tests or anything. should there be certain tests run to rule out anything else?? do you have any advice on how to deal with this? thanks
undefinedundefinedHi, Just doing some research here for my mom. She has Raynaud's and went to a vascular surgeon today. Her fingers are really bad and they hurt. What are your symptoms? They put her on meds and she wears gloves all the time. She takes prevacid for digestion because she has other symptoms too. Your doctor THINKS tell me what made you go, what symptoms do you have?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #3
Inactive

laurabell HB User
Re: ??? about raynauds syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShazzG
undefinedundefined
undefinedundefinedHi, Just doing some research here for my mom. She has Raynaud's and went to a vascular surgeon today. Her fingers are really bad and they hurt. What are your symptoms? They put her on meds and she wears gloves all the time. She takes prevacid for digestion because she has other symptoms too. Your doctor THINKS tell me what made you go, what symptoms do you have?
i have tingling in my hands and feet. when my hands are exposed to cold they get really painful after they start to warm up, same thing with my feet. they also get really red.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SandraM HB User

Have you had your calcium checked? The parathyroids will also have that effect as well.

Sandra

Old 02-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
(male)

Streetcar HB User

Hey Laurabell,

A great place to find out info on this or any other health related subject is at one of the boards sponsors [url]WWW.MAYOCLINIC.COM[/url]. My wife has this but won't go see her dr about it. That where I got my info on Reynaulds (sp?) syndrome.

Good Luck!

Ken

Neuromas, Diverticulosus, IBS-C/P, Esophageal Spasms

Old 02-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
Inactive

jpos HB User

My sisters, niece, and I have Raynauds. My older sis was given nitrocream for hers. They use calcium channel blockers to treat Raynauds, too and having been put on it for heart probs I got the benefit for my Raynauds. Wow, in the beginning my feet and hands actually got hot, hubby loved it, no more warming up my ice cold hands and feet. LOL You can try capsicum (in capsules from health food stores). Of course, do what you can to avoid the cold.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #7
(male)

Ambush347 HB User

I have Renauds although mine is quite mild.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:11 PM   #8
(female)

bweigand HB User

Hello,
I am new to the site, but was looking for any helpful information on Raynaud's. I have been diagnosed with Raynaud's and am looking for information on treating the disease. I would like to try natural remedies since the prescribed medications rarely work. I live in a VERY cold climate so it makes the Raynaud's very difficult to deal with. My hands are always ice cold and hurt when they start to warm up. During attacks, my fingers turn completely white for about 10 minutes until I get them in a warm climate. Has anyone tried anything that has helped with Raynaud's?

Closed Thread