It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
(female)

MsPanama HB User
Question Raynauds Syndrome

Hello to all! New here....In the process of being diagnosed with Raynauds Syndrome. Can anyone share their experiences in regards to this disease with me? Thanks!

Old 10-21-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
(female)

Jovach51 HB User
Re: Raynauds Syndrome

I have Raynauds. Discovered that I had it about two years ago. My hands would change colors and hurt and I did not know why. It also affects my feet if I just wear nylon knee hi. So I have to wear nylons with socks to try and keep my feet warm when I am outside. I use hand warming packets when I am waiting for the bus to keep my hands warm.

Now that the weather has changed to getting cooler I carry my gloves just in case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WhiteLight HB User

I'm going through the process of being diagnosed as having Raynauds Phenomenon too. Mine seems to effect my hands, lower legs(knee cap and down) and my feet.

It's really annoying and painful. Best thing to do is try to keep the affected areas warm and avoid cold water and anything very cold.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

MendoMan101 HB User

HI, i think i have Ranauds syndrom too, but i have not been diagnosed, i have cold hands unless its like above 85 degrees around me. I am perfectly warm to my wrists and then my hands get colder and colder to my finger tips? Does this sound farmilliar?

Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

WhiteLight HB User

Man - Do you experience colour changes when you have the cold episodes? If you do, what colour do your hands go? Raynauds can be diagnosed by blood tests and symptoms. A lot of the time, symptoms of Raynauds can appear as a under-active or over-active thyroid. You should get some blood tests done and then possibly see a Rhueamotolgist who will diagnose Raynauds if thats what you have.

When I have a Raynauds attack I lose all feeling in the affected area, have very bad pain in the same area (makes me want to cry at times), and the affected area becomes a mottled colour, then goes grey, then blue before turning bright red after circulation is back to normal. I always have cold hands to and feet and lower legs.

My feet and lower legs are the worse affected. When I have a attack I cant move as it feels like I don't have any bones and its painful again. I also cant go in fridges, touch cold water or anything cold. It causes a episode, stiffness and/or excruciating pain. Hope this has helped some.

Last edited by WhiteLight; 10-27-2005 at 01:01 PM.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ktee_uk HB User

Hi all

I was diag with raynauds about 10 years ago. Feet/toes affected and toes were purple most of the time. On hands my first and middle finger and thumbs were affected. If I touched a hard object which was colder than ambient temperature it would set if off and sometimes just by itself. Fingers turn numb and white so as I could not even write. When they started to warm up they turned blue and purple and red and the pain was quite intense. the attacks could last for hours too.

My feet are still affected but not as much and my hands were much improved when my job changed and I did less and less keyboard work (it is also common among amongst pianists, till operators and typists). My doc also thinks it may have been hormone/birth control pill related. I no longer take either.

Raynauds is when tiny blood vessels are restricted in flow due to cold temps or strong emotions. People who already have circulation probs can be more affected. It is usually diagnosed through clinical evidence although blood flow tests can be done. It can affect feet, hands, ears and nose. can be severe and require meds or even surgery, however like in my case, a change in work/life style can also greatly improve things. Also if you smoke this will further continue to constrict blood vessels so dont smoke.

good luck
ktee

Old 10-29-2005, 05:49 AM   #7
(female)

MsPanama HB User
Talking Re: Raynauds Syndrome

Thanks for your input...I do though, think I have Raynauds ...done research on web; read several articles etc....Going Monday 31 Oct for final diagnosis.. I have never heard of such a thing ever...
After work this evening, I had to stop by the grocery store..while in the store, ALL my fingers done froze up and turned white and I had no feeling in my first 2 fingers on my right hand. Was painfull to my right "pointer" finger as I have severe soreness but all my fingers turned completly WHITE! and very cold/frozen...as if I had stuck my hands in a freezer at below 0(zero) degrees. FIngers changed to a blue-ish/purple and when I arrived home my hands were red once again.

I am new to all this, I think I found a goood DOC, and with my DOC and all of everyones feedback, hopefully, my mind can be at ease. Tired...got to get off to bed...big day at work tomorrow..Thanks again!

MsPanama

Closed Thread