HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Raynaud's Syndrome (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/raynauds-syndrome/)
-   -   Raynaud's Syndrome (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/raynauds-syndrome/470279-raynauds-syndrome.html)

laurunner 02-09-2007 11:54 AM

Raynaud's Syndrome

Hello everyone,

I just wondered if anyone has or knows anything about if Raynaud's syndrome could affect fertility. Basically, I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. It's a circulation problem, I only really get it if I'm out in the cold and my toes get really numb, and then my fingers get numb and lose color. I know it's not a real serious problem, but I was just thinking about that awhile ago, and forgot to ask you guys if you knew/heard anything about it.

I looked on the internet, but didn't find a whole lot of info regarding it and fertility. I may bring it up to my dr. at my next appt. Who knows, maybe taking like a baby aspirin every day is all I would need anyway, which he was having me do.

Thanks!
Laurie

deluka96 02-09-2007 12:03 PM

Re: Raynaud's Syndrome

Laurie,

This is so weird some-one at work just told me that they have that and was explaining to me what it was. I really don't have an answer for you but I would ask RE if he has heard of this. Plus if your on medication for it isn't it controlled that way??? Good luck!!

ALM 02-09-2007 12:53 PM

Hey Laurie. I have never been officially diagnosed with this syndrome b/c I have never been to the doctor about it but I am almost positive that I have it. I read about it the other day on the internet after the tips of my two first fingers were so numb, I couldn't use them. Everything I read, didn't mention fertility, or at least, I don't think it did. I hope that it doesn't affect fertility.

Is there anything that the doctor has told you to do about it?

Anna Leigh

laurunner 02-09-2007 01:30 PM

Hey there. To answer your question Kathy, I'm not actually on medication for it. They just put me on baby aspirin to help with thickening my endometrial lining. I just thought maybe the baby aspirin would help with the circulation to the extremeties, because I heard improving circulation is how it helps thicken the endometrial lining.

Anna, this actually started back when I was in high school. I had asked my cross country coach about it because I was starting to notice it after coming in from a run in the cold, and he told me about Raynaud's and he had it too. Anyway, I never really saw a Dr. about it in particular, but I had a physical a few years ago when I was in college, and brought it up because it happened to be cold and my fingers were numb from coming in from outside and lost color, so I asked him about it, and that's when he told me what it was. I never actually mentioned it to my RE because it's not really something I think about. Like I said, it only bothers me when I'm out in the cold for a period of time. But I will definitly ask my RE about it at my appt in a few weeks and let you know what they tell me!

Thanks ladies!

~Laurie