It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
RAYNAUDS of the Nipples?????

Hi,

I posted this in the lupus section and thought I would give a try here. I did some research and found out that what I am experiencing has a name (Raynauds of the nipples) and can be associated with other autoimmune disorders. Every dr. that I have mentioned this to looks at me like I am NUTS!! I have a positive ANA 1280 sever fatigue, arthritis, rashes, and just feel like crap. This makes sense to me that I have raynauds too now. From what I read, this occurs most often with nursing. I did experience it while nursing my 3 children, but it affects me all the time now when I get cold and I have not nursed for 6 mos. It has been happening for years, even before I was pregnant and ever nursed. AM I ALONE in this? Has anyone seen a rheummy who understands this???? Here is the original post so I don't have to re-type:

Hi there,

I have been diagnosed with an undifferentiated autoimmune arthritic disorder (told either Lupus or RA) It has been going on for 5 years. I remember my doctor asking me if my hands or fingers turned white, or got tingly and numb. I told him of this very weird, very painful thing that does happen to me and was wondering if anyone else has had this. When I get cold, my nipples turn white, and vasoconstrict to the point that I am sometimes doubled over in pain clutching my breasts. This occurs for hours! It hurts so bad, and my ob/gyn and rheumatologist both look at me like I am nuts when I told them. It sometimes happens in the freezer department of the grocery store, and if I am under the fan without a shirt on. It is really annoying, and for some reason, I want to link it to this autoimmune problem of mine. I have very bad arthritis and have had some weird rashes along with an ANA of 1280 and debilitating fatigue with obvious flares. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now, the doctors think I am a freak!
Kelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread