It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

worrywart89 HB User
tingling/Raynaud's Phenomenon?

About a year ago, I noticed some tingling in my hands and feet. I went to see my pediatrician about it who then sent me to a neurologist. I am a vegetarian so I got some blood work done to rule out any nutritional problems. After some neurological tests, I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Phenomenon. However, I am not convinced that this is the right diagnoses. I have almost constant tingling in my hands and feet. When my hands are really cold they hurt and sometimes fingers go completely numb. When I wear high heels or other tight shoes, the tingling in my feet increases. Occasionally I feel tingling on the back of my head and occasionally I will get a brief pins and needles sensation somewhere on my legs. In the summertime when it is very hot outside I feel a painful pins and needles sensation in my chest that increases with stress. From what I understand, these are not common symptoms of Raynaud's. Does anybody else experience this? I understand that sometimes Raynaud's is a symptom of some underlying, more serious disease. Could this be true in my case? I am already wary because I have this seemingly chronic condition at the age of 19... I just want to be sure Raynaud's is all I have. Any help that anybody could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: tingling/Raynaud's Phenomenon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrywart89 View Post
... I am already wary because I have this seemingly chronic condition at the age of 19... I just want to be sure Raynaud's is all I have.....
You are wise to be wary...another condition is commonly misdiagnosed as Raynaud's is Lyme. Given your age, given the chronic nature of your symptoms, given the nature of your symptoms, and given that Lyme is an epidemic infectious disease in some areas of our country, I would strongly advise investigating the possibility of Lyme.

I'm out of time...will check back w/you later.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-20-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

worrywart89 HB User

I had Lyme Disease when I was about 10 years old. From what I understand, it never really goes away. Could it be affecting me now?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

I don't know if it ever goes away...but I don't know if anyone knows. But, yes, it can return after being in remission for years/decades.

Several people who were treated years ago recently returned to the boards with symptoms. If you've been diagnosed with Lyme, I strongly, strongly suggest you read and post on the Lyme boards, and consult with a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor...

Good Luck!!

Bethsheba

PS In your first post mentioned nutritional concerns...fyi, anemia, vit b12, and vit d levels can fluctuate with lyme. Many patients focus on labs and supplements...but if you have Lyme this may be a waste of time because only treatment of the primary condition, will stabilize the levels....supplements may ease the symptoms but they don't cure.

Last edited by bethsheba; 02-20-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
(female)

worrywart89 HB User

I will post on the Lyme Message Boards. Thanks so much for your help!!

Reply Reply