It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

Gerty HB User
could this be Raynaud's

Hello this is my first post. Im not sure if I have Raynaud's or even if what has been going on with me is worth talking to Dr about. Ive been doing a lot of reading online and no matter how I google It keeps coming up with Raynaud's but it keeps saying white fingers Ive seen photos of these white fingers very white. My fingers and my palms do go white but not to the point of the photos ive seen the back of my hand as well.

With my hands they are deep red and black my fingers esp get very black and my hands go black as well. If I run them under cold water or put them on something cold they go white but not ghostly white. The soles of my feet and sometimes the tops of my toes esp my big toe do go this colour but not much is said about the feet that I can find doing this white when I get them warm they go back to been purple,black my finger and esp my tips of my fingers go numb but only when they are cold and if they get cold and I have trouble getting them warm they get quiet painful.

My toes are always numb but when they get really cold they go very white and so do the soles of my feet sometimes both of my fingers and toes while have like arthritis type of pain in the joints my toes will also get a burning sensation as well to them. My hands palms and backs of my hands can also go very deep red like sunburn. Ive read about some people getting pain with this condition but it don't explain what the pain is like I seem to get 2 diff types of pain one in toes and fingers that are like an arthritis type of pain in my joints and the 2nd type of pain is get is when the get really cold its like they are painfully cold is the only way of explaining it. Do you always get the white white fingers or can they be like mine mostly all the time deep red and black. on the pic I have that is white my hands are normally olive skin so this is quiet white for my hand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1.jpg (86.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg p2.jpg (61.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg p5.jpg (76.6 KB, 6 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

rayon HB User
Re: could this be Raynaud's

Hi,
I've had Raynaud's for a while now. My fingers change colour depending on what stage of the attack they are at. When they are completely white (or an odd yellowy green colour in my case) that generally is the most severe point of the attack and an indication that there is very little blood getting through. My fingers are completely numb at this point. As the attack subsides my fingers go tingly and burny. They go a blue black colour and then a roary red colour. Raynaud's can be related to Rheumatoid Arthritis - though I am no expert. I take tablets for it - unfortunately I still get attacks but they are less severe and less frequent. I tend to wear two pairs of gloves and thermal socks to avoid attacts. I hate the dairy section in the supermarket! You should have someone look at your hands. That way you will know for definite.

Reply Reply