It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

Dawn333 HB User
i have a question

I was diagnosed with raynauds phenomenon about a year ago, but I have this problem for some time now. I am alarmed by something that happened last night and would love to know it is very normal. Since I don't know much about it (by other experience). Last night I was in the back room sitting.. My legs became heavy feeling and all of a sudden they turned purple all the way up to my hips. Obviously I couldn't feel a thing. I was not cold, very much felt warm.. but did notice something very strange. My legs and feet was very swollen, and my feet to my ankles were like a deep burgundy color while the rest up was blue. It was so weird looking.

I had called the office today to get a refill on my meds, and didn't say anything to them about. My husband did take photo's because he was pretty alarmed as I was. To comfort my own mind I would like to know this is normal so I can go on.. lol

Thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
(female)

Dawn333 HB User
Re: i have a question

Thanks, jenj770.

I am going to wait til I go to Cleveland Clinic which is in a couple days. I do not trust the doctors around here. A friend of mine that works for my doctor tells me it is normal (she is not a nurse), but I don't think it is either. My father went to the VA hospital talking to his doctor about me. I guess he was concerned. She even said it wasn't normal and asked when i was going to see a doctor preferable right away. It is just hard to find a good doctor that is knowledgeable here.

So I do thank you for posting.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dawn333:
jenj770 (04-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
(male)

Marc46 HB UserMarc46 HB User
Re: i have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn333 View Post
Thanks, jenj770.

I am going to wait til I go to Cleveland Clinic which is in a couple days. I do not trust the doctors around here. A friend of mine that works for my doctor tells me it is normal (she is not a nurse), but I don't think it is either. My father went to the VA hospital talking to his doctor about me. I guess he was concerned. She even said it wasn't normal and asked when i was going to see a doctor preferable right away. It is just hard to find a good doctor that is knowledgeable here.

So I do thank you for posting.
Sounds to me like blood is pooling in your legs for some reason,......not a good thing at all. Hope you find out what it is very soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Marc46 For This Useful Post:
Dawn333 (04-13-2011)
Reply Reply