It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

buggal1989 HB User
Muscle Twitches & Cramps + Sensivity to Cold?????

Hi! Have fibro and now am concerned about the muscle cramps & twitching and the EXTREME sensitivity to cold (was taking frozen spinach out of it's bag when I had serve pain in my fingers of the hand that has been twitching and cramping the worst) is maybe something new going one (like I need another!). Have thought of Reynardís and maybe something to do with the mild diuretic I am now (started in the past week) taking am taking! Ur Thoughts?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Muscle Twitches & Cramps + Sensivity to Cold?????

Could taking a diuretic deplete your calcium, potassium or magnesium? I have reynauds and fibromyalgia. However, I also get severe body cramping too, the knd that makes me fall out of bed in pain. I do perspire a lot too at night so maybe I am dehydrating myself. I take calcium, magnesium and drink tonic water. When my hands get too cold, I run them under warm water to bring them back to normal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
(female)

buggal1989 HB User

thanks - tried the warm water - helped some but the ached for almost 2 hrs. yes on the electrolytes - drank some poweraide. take a mulit-vit, but haven't for a few weeks. will give it a few and see if it improves. thanks again!

Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #4
(male)

ankle warrior HB User

Try loading on magnesium. it's good for cramps.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
(female)

buggal1989 HB User

i take a multi vit but got off of it when i started feeling really bad about a month ago and a good thing i did: i was in renal failure!!!! need to make sure all my blood levels are back to normal before starting agian. blood drawn last thursday.

thanks!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
(female)

buggal1989 HB User

The twitching went away after I was diagonsised with SEVERE ANEMIA in September and was hospitalized for 2 units of blood. I was also in early renal failure then becasue I was dehydrated due to nausea and a little vominting ON TOP OF the diuretic AND I took ibuprofen for an absecced tooth! It NEVER rains, it always POURS!

But now that I am all juiced up the twiches have completely disapearred. The cold sensitivity has almost disappeared too OR I have learned NOT TO HANDLE COLD OBJECTS!!!

THANKS to all who answered!

Reply Reply