It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

Coach H HB User
Can you just get raynaulds and no other autoimmune diseases?

I know I have raynaulds, fingers don't turn blue but white and hurt due to getting cold ... But recently developed double Achilles bursitis and arthitsis randomly in both big toes, burning tingling and numbness mostly feet and sometimes hands.
Got a random Ana 1:320 test, went to Cleveland Clinic and all autoimmune tests they did normal.
Wondering if I can get other autoimmune conditions cause I have raynaulds down the road?
Can raynaulds cause burstis and arthritsis ?
Thanks to all

Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Can you just get raynaulds and no other autoimmune diseases?

No, Raynaud's doesn't cause bursitis nor osteoarthritis, which is what most people have, nor rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, most people with Raynaud's have what is known as Primary Raynaud's, which exists by itself alone, with no other autoimmune disease. Of course, I'm just a patient and not a doctor. As to whether or not you'll ever develop another condition, only time will tell, but most people do not. There is a test called a nailfold capillaroscopy that can be performed to help differentiate primary Raynaud's from possible Secondary Raynaud's, depending on your age, but is more exclusionary of secondary Raynaud's than a definitive determination.. It just involves looking at your fingers under magnification. Also, your ANA is not very high and can be caused by a number of things in passing such as a cold. You don't mention your pattern and that can also be a clue, but not neccessarily indicative of a AI disease or development of one. I have secondary Raynaud's myself as a part of my form of scleroderma, but I have many other symptoms. If you have concerns, write them down and discuss them with your Dr. Again, the majority of people with Raynaud's do not go on to develop anything else. Plus, if your Raynaud's is severe, be it primary or secondary, there are treatments for it. Your symptoms don't sound much like my form of scleroderma, at least, from what you say in your post, but keep a journal of them and check with your Dr.

Last edited by luca689; 02-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

Coach H HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdiluca View Post
No, Raynaud's doesn't cause bursitis nor osteoarthritis, which is what most people have, nor rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, most people with Raynaud's have what is known as Primary Raynaud's, which exists by itself alone, with no other autoimmune disease. Of course, I'm just a patient and not a doctor. As to whether or not you'll ever develop another condition, only time will tell, but most people do not. There is a test called a nailfold capillaroscopy that can be performed to help differentiate primary Raynaud's from possible Secondary Raynaud's, depending on your age, but is more exclusionary of secondary Raynaud's than a definitive determination.. It just involves looking at your fingers under magnification. Also, your ANA is not very high and can be caused by a number of things in passing such as a cold. You don't mention your pattern and that can also be a clue, but not neccessarily indicative of a AI disease or development of one. I have secondary Raynaud's myself as a part of my form of scleroderma, but I have many other symptoms. If you have concerns, write them down and discuss them with your Dr. Again, the majority of people with Raynaud's do not go on to develop anything else. Plus, if your Raynaud's is severe, be it primary or secondary, there are treatments for it. Your symptoms don't sound much like my form of scleroderma, at least, from what you say in your post, but keep a journal of them and check with your Dr.
Thanks for responding
Ana homogenous 1:320 January
Ana **** and speckled 1:80 December

Thanks for answering about feet issues

I have not been sick, but was maybe fighting something
I hang tight, and eat very well

Old 02-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
(female)

n2hlth HB Usern2hlth HB User

I have Rynaurds....for about 3 years now with no cause or cure. My hands and feet turn red then pure white and to touch any thing cold is very painful. I use a heating pad for my feet and my hands and that helps. I take a blood pressure med even though my blood pressure was normal.. I take the meds to help with circulation...but not sure yet if is helping...keep my house heated up and that helps to.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

NinNin HB User

You can have a raynauds and know AI CTD issue but at the same time with the Positive ANA I would get it checked out! You can also have a positive ANA and be normal but I think generally the ratio is lower than what you had but I'm not 100% positive!

Reply Reply