It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

cheryl1121 HB User
Bone scan results Positive or Not.

I just received a copy of my bone scan that was done yesterday. The only thing is I don't understand what it means. My doctor's appt. is not until next Monday and this is going to drive me crazy til then. Maybe someone has heard of the findings and can help me. It say "whole body blood pool images demonstrate a homogeneous pattern of uptake in the solf tissues. "
At the top under indications: it reads "RSD" Would anyone know if this is a positive result for RSD or is it not? thanks

Old 08-05-2004, 12:00 PM   #2

RSDtrinity HB User
Re: Bone scan results Positive or Not.

I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone will come along that will. Have you tried doing internet searches, often times those can help with answers to medical tests. - Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: Bone scan results Positive or Not.

Hi,

These are just my thoughts on this...I would take that as a "no RSD." Homogeneous means "same" and I would think that as they used the term, it meant that the uptake was the same throughout where they tested. The "indications" part....I took that to mean that that's what they were looking to diagnose or rule out with the test. Again, this is just how I took it, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone will have some real knowledge on this. Good luck. Hope your appointment comes fast.

Sharon

Old 08-05-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Hi Cheryl,
I was thinking along the same lines as Sharon. Definitely just a guess through practical reasoning, but it's funny we were thinking the same thing.

Please let us know what the official results are.

Take care,
Julie

Old 08-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: Bone scan results Positive or Not.

Big surprise there, Julie .

Sharon

Old 08-06-2004, 02:45 AM   #6

franmyers HB User

You can have RSD but it not intrude the bone, right? Maybe it was used as a diagnostic tool to see how far it has progressed since you can get osteoporosis with this blasted stuff? Where it read "indication" I figure that the doc gave RSD as a diagnosis to have the test ran. Just my thoughts
Fran

Old 08-06-2004, 07:55 AM   #7
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Hi Cheryl,
I just looked up my bone scan results and this is what mine said:

"Increased activity in a periarticular pattern compatible with reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Marked increased activity in the carpal bones of the left wrist. Addititionally there is periarticular increased activity in the MCP joints and interphalangeal joints. Findings would be consistent with reflex sympathetic dystrophy."

Because your report said 'homogenous' as compared to mine which said 'increased' is what makes me think they'll say no RSD.

But, even if they say your scan says no RSD, that doesn't mean you don't have RSD. There are a lot of people here with RSD who had a negative bone scan. It's not that I hope you have RSD - not at all! I'm just saying that it's still possible.

Yes, Sharon, what a surprise!

Take care,
Julie

Closed Thread