It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Bob A HB User
RSD Diet

Whoa Nellie... Guess what? There are foods you shouldn't eat if you desire to keep your pain levels down. Now don't shoot the messenger, cause that's all I am.

Five Cís: cookies, cakes, chocolate, cocktails and candy.
Other foods to avoid are internal organ meats such as Liver, sausage, and hot dogs. These foods will not only increase the pain level but also will interact with the internal limbic system causing unrealistic psychosis interruptions.

Dr. Hooshang Hooshmand from Florida devised this method of behavior modification more than 10 years ago. This diet is not aimed at losing or gaining weight. It excludes foods that are harmful to your health and aggravate chronic pain.

He also emphasizes the intake of foods that help the inhibitory nerve cells that suppress the pain input.
Four Fís: Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, fish, and fowl.
By doing so, the patientís weight normalizes itself automatically: overweight or underweight extremes normalize close to the patientís ideal weight. Pain becomes more tolerable without inhibiting normal limbic functions.

Bona Petite'

Old 03-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #2

RSDtrinity HB User
Re: RSD Diet

Don't shoot the messenger???? How can I not??? I wish I had never read this, because I love the C's... he he he... Just one of those things I guess. Has anyone tried changing their diet to fit Dr Hooshmands plan?? Just wondering if it really works or not. I guess i'd consider because it would be great to get my pain normalized, but do I really want to give up all my favorite c's??? he he he.. Thanks for the info Bob, even though I don't like reading it, it's still good to know.. - Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

I think it's a bunch of hooey!! I did try cutting these things out of my diet to see what it would do and it did nothing!! My pain levels were still as bad as they can be without eating these foods as they were when I did eat them. There is only one person I've ever run across that couldn't eat hot dogs because they made her pain worse.
"He also emphasizes the intake of foods that help the inhibitory nerve cells that suppress the pain input.
Four Fís: Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, fish, and fowl.
By doing so, the patientís weight normalizes itself automatically: overweight or underweight extremes normalize close to the patientís ideal weight. Pain becomes more tolerable without inhibiting normal limbic functions."
I'd like to know what kind of research or statistics have been done to prove this weight normalizing thing. I'd blow that out of the water!! LOLOL I eat plenty of these and I'm still very underweight and can't gain a pound to save my life!! When I was working I was starting to gain, then RSD came and my weight plummeted and I can't get it back up again. *sigh*

Karen

Old 03-24-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Bob A HB User

OK. OK. Like I said please don't shoot the messenger. I love you people with your feedback. This is great.
PS: I personally will never give up chocolate either/ especially dipping it in a fresh jar of peanut butter. mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 03:32 PM   #5

RSDtrinity HB User

I'm with you guys... I can't give up my C's... They are just tooo good. My weight isn't bad although since my stim gave up i've gained quite a bit due to extreme inactivity.. After my surgery heals from my second stim implant i'm hoping to start swimming again and get my weight back down to where it should be.. I've only got 15-20 max to get off so shouldn't be too bad. The water pressure is too great without my stim, so can't get my swimming in without my stim on. Also walking causes the edema to come on, so can't do that to exercise either. I think a balanced diet and moderate exercise is what makes your weight normalize, not eating certain foods... You can't expect to be at an ideal weight without exercise and you also can't expect to get there by eating high fat foods three times a day... He he he.. Just a fact of life.. It takes work to be small, unless you have other issues and cannot put on weight.. That's another story.. I always used to be too small, and now with my RSD i've slowed down so much that i'm actually gaining for the first time in my life.. It's strange, but true.. he he - Jessica

Old 03-24-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: RSD Diet

I'm with Karen. I think he's a bunch of hooey. I've read a book he wrote and I didn't buy much of it AT ALL. I also don't notice my pain levels changing at all with what I eat. P.S. I don't eat much of that stuff anyway because I have diabetes, but I know caffeine is a no-no with him and when I have that (once per week or so), I don't notice any difference. I say ENJOY it if you want .

Sharon

Old 03-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

Wasn't shooting at you Bob!! I couldn't live without chocolate and all the junk food in the world forever. It's too much!!!! I eat all the fattiest, high carbo, high fat food I can find. LOL
I'm with Sharon, enjoy what ya want!!

Karen

Closed Thread