It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
Inactive

Budko HB User
Stages of RSD and Skin Issues

Hello,

I have some questions

I am having some problems with my skin - I have these little spots that start out with a small red dot in the middle and then it becomes redish brown on the outside, well there is one on my hand that keeps getting bigger and bigger, now I am noticing them all over. These may itch or hurt or not hurt at all. RSD or NOT?

My legs and arms get these odd patterns. They are like a lattice in pattern, so if you can imagine that. I wish I could draw on this board. Sometimes the outline is red and the inside is stark white and some times it is opposite. I notice that at this time my skin hurts. RSD or NOT?

I get these bumps on my chest when I am going to get sick. Kind of like a pimple, but they hurt and itch. I also have been having trouble with Acne on my face, but I am not sure if it is Acne, because they never mature, does that make sense? Just a bunch of raised bumps. RSD or NOT?

My injury site is in my Neck. I get these sores at the base of head going into my Neck, they hurt, itch and bleed. I can't see them so I don't know what they look like. Possible RSD or NOT?

Temp. - I find it harder to be cold vs Hot. Cold causes pain and heat causes fatigue. I went to the Store Yesterday and it was 100 f here, but Miss Kim was wearing a Jacket. Common in RSD or NOT?

The more I learn about RSD the more complicated it becomes. I just read that there are 3 stages. Can someone give me some in depth experiences with these Stages? I am trying to figure out where I am.

One more thing.....Retinal holes or Lattice Degeneration! RSD or NOT?

Thank you,
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User
Re: Stages of RSD and Skin Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budko
Hello,

I have some questions

I am having some problems with my skin - I have these little spots that start out with a small red dot in the middle and then it becomes redish brown on the outside, well there is one on my hand that keeps getting bigger and bigger, now I am noticing them all over. These may itch or hurt or not hurt at all. RSD or NOT?

I get spots that look like blood blisters. They never hurt, rarely itch and sometimes turn into open sores that take a month or more to heal.

My legs and arms get these odd patterns. They are like a lattice in pattern, so if you can imagine that. I wish I could draw on this board. Sometimes the outline is red and the inside is stark white and some times it is opposite. I notice that at this time my skin hurts. RSD or NOT?

I don't have any experience with this, but RSD can cause quite a few skin problems

I get these bumps on my chest when I am going to get sick. Kind of like a pimple, but they hurt and itch. I also have been having trouble with Acne on my face, but I am not sure if it is Acne, because they never mature, does that make sense? Just a bunch of raised bumps. RSD or NOT?

My injury site is in my Neck. I get these sores at the base of head going into my Neck, they hurt, itch and bleed. I can't see them so I don't know what they look like. Possible RSD or NOT?

Temp. - I find it harder to be cold vs Hot. Cold causes pain and heat causes fatigue. I went to the Store Yesterday and it was 100 f here, but Miss Kim was wearing a Jacket. Common in RSD or NOT?

Cold always, well usually hurts us more than heat. Our blood vessels are already shrunk and causing circulation problems, so when we get cold it causes further shrinkage which only exacerbates our pain.

The more I learn about RSD the more complicated it becomes. I just read that there are 3 stages. Can someone give me some in depth experiences with these Stages? I am trying to figure out where I am.

Personally I don't go by the stages because you can be in 1 or more stages at the same time. It's not an appropriate nor accurate way to gauge anything to do with RSD. Again, that's my opinion about it.

One more thing.....Retinal holes or Lattice Degeneration! RSD or NOT?

From talking to others I've seen vision problems and eye problems come up when RSD is in the face or head area.

Thank you,
Kim

Old 05-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I just wanted to mention that while browsing some RSD sites a couple months ago, i came across a site that had pics of people with RSD and some of the more bizarre looking skin reactions.And YES I did see one pic that had the same lattice type configuration that you described.It really was strange looking but very much that lattice pattern.I also have the little red dots popping out on my stomach area and one on my leg.but my affected area is in my R knee and on down through the foot.the dot on my leg is actually on the opposite ankle.Wierd.But the dots on my stomach also look like tiny little blood blister type things too.Nothing really suprises me much anymore with regard to the really bizarre nature of some of the signs and symptoms of RSD.Gosh, what a flippin adventure.marcia

Old 05-26-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Inactive

Budko HB User

Thank you both for responding. I am going nuts here trying to figure out my Situation, so every little bit helps.

Can you maybe answer some more Questions?

My Doc will not call what I have RSD, he says CRPS. I mean he is mean about it.
Also, what type of Doc DX CRPS? Because this Doc is a DDS. The DDS says there is no one here (in New Mexico) to treat me and that he is only here for Pain Management, then how can he DX me? Who do I trust? The DDS says there is no here that recognizes CRPS, so how do I get a 2nd opinion?

WHAT KIND OF DOC DX AND TREATS YOU?

Is RSD/CRPS a mental problem and NOT physical? That is what is getting thrown at me now.

Please help me, I need support more that ever.

Thank you for reading,
Kim

Old 05-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budko
Thank you both for responding. I am going nuts here trying to figure out my Situation, so every little bit helps.

Can you maybe answer some more Questions?

My Doc will not call what I have RSD, he says CRPS. I mean he is mean about it.
That is the other name for RSD. They are trying to get people away from calling it RSD now.

Also, what type of Doc DX CRPS? Because this Doc is a DDS. The DDS says there is no one here (in New Mexico) to treat me and that he is only here for Pain Management, then how can he DX me? Who do I trust? The DDS says there is no here that recognizes CRPS, so how do I get a 2nd opinion?

A pain management doc is usually the one who will treat RSD and even dx it. I was seeing a Neuro for quite awhile and he was the one who dx'd me for like the 3rd time!! I would look in your phone book or online for an RSD doc or a different pain management doc!

WHAT KIND OF DOC DX AND TREATS YOU?

Is RSD/CRPS a mental problem and NOT physical? That is what is getting thrown at me now.

OMG!! Please don't listen to whoever is saying that!!!! Unreal!!! It is NOT true. RSD is a very real physical problem with real pain. I was on work comp and they tried going that route with me. Saying I had some kind of mental problem and there was really nothing wrong with me. I hate people that would even suggest that. Please find a different doc if possible. You aren't crazy, even though having to deal with this crap makes us feel like we are at times!! LOL You're part of the club!!

Please help me, I need support more that ever.

Thank you for reading,
Kim

Closed Thread