It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

Scrufysdad HB User
The day is finally here.....

and I am extremely nervous. My fingers are crossed about the stim and I have hopes that it will give me the chance to put on my sock and shoe. Everyone stay tuned and I will up date everyone on the progress. Thank you to all. Ben

Old 05-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
(female)

RSD hopeless HB User
Re: The day is finally here.....

I wish you the best Ben.... My prayer to you and your family, that it works for you. I still dont have a date yet for mine. I'm scared also! Hope too see you soon on the board, with fantastic news.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: The day is finally here.....

Good luck, Ben.

Sharon

Old 05-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

eunie'sflame HB User

Best of luck Ben let us know how it goes for you we want the best for you!!
eunie

Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Skooze HB User

HI Ben!

I'm sure it's been along day for you, and we all pray that things went well and you get some relief. Look forward to the details. Skooze

Old 05-17-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
(female)

dee_navymom HB User
Smile Re: The day is finally here.....

Ben, Sure hope the stim helps you. Keep us posted. I would love to hear everything you have to report. I am going to be getting one maybe the middle of June. I still have so many questions for the doctor before I do it...So please tell all. I do have a video showing me the stim but tells me very little about after the surgery and what to expect. The brand of stim I am getting is PRECISION. What kind is yours? Thank you for any info. Dee

Old 05-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sunnycal HB User

Good Luck. We will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Sunny

Old 05-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
(female)

RSD hopeless HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_navymom
Ben, Sure hope the stim helps you. Keep us posted. I would love to hear everything you have to report. I am going to be getting one maybe the middle of June. I still have so many questions for the doctor before I do it...So please tell all. I do have a video showing me the stim but tells me very little about after the surgery and what to expect. The brand of stim I am getting is PRECISION. What kind is yours? Thank you for any info. Dee

Dee that's the same kind I'm getting.... Look's like I'll be getting mine sometime in June also. And your right the DVD/video doesnt answer enough questions for me right now.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
(female)

dee_navymom HB User

Hi Hopeless, I have watched the video a hundred times...have read everything I can find. Would just love to hear from someone that has the unit. I have appointment with PM at the end of the month. I am to have the trial put in mid June. Still just not sure. I am also W/C. They have approved everything the Drs. have requested, but it takes them forever. I wonder if the injections would of worked better if would of received them sooner. I guess we will learn together. Hang in there. We can do this. Dee

Old 05-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
(female)

RSD hopeless HB User

Hi Dee... I know what you mean, you and I want every detail of the implant. From the beginning to the end of the surgery.. how long did it take for it to take affect. How much pain were they in after the surgery...etc.

I'm with you... the tapes and dvd just doesnt do it for me. I finally have an appointment to have a physc eval done. I have mine on June 6th.. and then they will send it up too Dr. Michael Stanton- Hicks. I hope my evaluation is good enough that I can have the trial implant. ( I neverous about having it done) But I want to be able to go places with my husband without hurting.

I have a friend that get's the injections and she saids they do work but not very long. She told me once she got the injection and a week later the RSD come back and she said you can tell it was worse. She went a month later and got another injection and it help for 4 months. I was told the injections work for people if they get them within the first 3-4 months of the onset of RSD.

My friend is in sorta remission, with her RSD to some point.. she hasnt complained to much the last too months. She's also able to wear shoes and I cant were normal shoes. I have to wear slippers...

Yes we will get though this together. Im glad your W/C is accepting everything your doctor requesting. My W/C is doing the same... My doctor just put in for a whirl pool for me so I dont have to go to the hospital to do Aqua theraphy. It's to hard for me to go do the treatment and then walk out into the aircondition part of the hospital to get to the dressing rooms.
It makes me hurts so bad I cant hardly drive home...

Are you taking and theraphy at all.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
(female)

dee_navymom HB User

Hopeless, Yes, I go to PT 3 times aweek. Just trying to keep as much movement as possible. I will not use the use of my arms. I have things to do with my life.

Sure hope we hear from Ben....hope he is pain free and having the time of his life.

I know what you mean about the cold...hurts like the devil. I also have trouble with really hot. My body just can't seem to happy about anything. I have always loved the outdoors. But the weather plays a big role of keeping me in my house.

Sure hope your friend continues to be pain free...or at least able to enjoy life. I swear I will get there. Not being able to work has me just worried about the future. But one day at a time...sometimes just a few minutes at a time.

My PM thought W/C would request Physc eval. But never did. Maybe if I choose to have the permanent one put in they will then request one.

Sure hope you get the whirlpool soon. Take care, Dee

Closed Thread