It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

msswank95 HB User
urinary problems WITH RSD (not meds)

i went to a urologist recently due to some problems voiding (and before i was put on some of some of the stronger stuff but while on other stuff that never affected me). it started happening when my pain got much worse. my spinal surgeon wanted me to go to see if it was neuro related or uro related. well, the urologist was named one of the best in the country and has seen several family members - great easy-going guy. anyways, he said it was definitely neuro-related, but not only that, it is related to the RSD. he actually is even frequently referred RSD patients due to his expertise in dealing with some side issues that develop from it and is very experienced in it. wow! who would have thought it would affect that, too! he said sometimes, depending on the treatment that helps the condition, it can alleviate some (not all unfortunately) of the pain with RSD, too, but not always.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

22buddy HB User
Re: urinary problems WITH RSD (not meds)

Might I ask what was the treatment. I have full blown Rsd in both legs after two failed fusions. During one a cage shot out and layed on the base of the spinal column for 8 weeks causing severe nerve damage resulting in Rsd which has over the years spread into both legs.
I have alot of problems trying to urinate. I have to ability to make myself pee.
i have to sit and hope I pee. Sometimes I go all day without voiding even though I have the pressure to go.
It just feels like nothing is working down there. Sorry for the graphics but this is a serious subject for me.

I have had kidney stones ten times with a frequent tendency to have urinary tract infections. also I am on topomax which causes stones so I attributed some of the problems to that but from what you said maybe I am wrong
Please give more detail

THANKS
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

DiamondLil HB User

Hello: I absolutely cannot take Elavil or related pain medicines because it causes urine retention for me. Could your medicines possibly be the cause? Also, it helps to drink lots of cranberry juice to help prevent bladder infections. I hope this helps. Regards, Lil

Old 12-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
(female)

msswank95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLil
Hello: I absolutely cannot take Elavil or related pain medicines because it causes urine retention for me. Could your medicines possibly be the cause? Also, it helps to drink lots of cranberry juice to help prevent bladder infections. I hope this helps. Regards, Lil
I wasn't asking for advice. I was just dispensing new information for those that might be similarly affected. It is a definite condition caused by RSD, especially those that have a lower extremity, predominantly the foot, and the lower back sometimes.

Thanks, though, for the thought.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
(female)

msswank95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLil
I wasn't asking for advice. I was just dispensing new information for those that might be similarly affected. It is a definite condition caused by RSD, especially those that have a lower extremity, predominantly the foot, and the lower back sometimes.

Thanks, though, for the thought.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
(female)

msswank95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22buddy
Might I ask what was the treatment. I have full blown Rsd in both legs after two failed fusions. During one a cage shot out and layed on the base of the spinal column for 8 weeks causing severe nerve damage resulting in Rsd which has over the years spread into both legs.
I have alot of problems trying to urinate. I have to ability to make myself pee.
i have to sit and hope I pee. Sometimes I go all day without voiding even though I have the pressure to go.
It just feels like nothing is working down there. Sorry for the graphics but this is a serious subject for me.

I have had kidney stones ten times with a frequent tendency to have urinary tract infections. also I am on topomax which causes stones so I attributed some of the problems to that but from what you said maybe I am wrong
Please give more detail

THANKS
Lisa
i promise to get back to you asap! i am heading out for dinner with family and just saw this message.

Closed Thread