It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
(female)

MissVanessa HB User
Question Natural remedies/ vitamins/ creams for RSD?

Have any of you tried herbs or any natural remedies for your RSD? What has helped you?

Right now I am taking plenty of vitamins... magnesium (prevents depression, dizziness, muscle twitching and weakness), calcium (aids in neuromusclular activity), vitamin c (antioxidant, reduces inflammation and pain), b complex (helps restore healthy nerve function), milk thistle (helps to cleanse the liver while taking medications).

I am going to be getting a multivitamin and:
glucosamine (joint health, involved in formation of tendons, ligaments, bones)
chrondroitin (aids in creating cartilage in joints)
lecithin (helps nervous system, is involved with neurotransmitters)
vitamin E (antioxidant, maintains healthy nerves)
vitamin D for muscle spasms and pain

Any ideas of anything natural that helps with RSD/ CRPS, chronic pain syndromes or pain that has helped you or someone you know? TIA.

Also,are there any creams/ rubs that have helped you?

The Following User Says Thank You to MissVanessa For This Useful Post:
Grace and Peace (06-21-2011)
Old 12-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
(female)

numbtoes HB User
Re: Natural remedies/ vitamins/ creams for RSD?

two creams that help me are:
"Orthogel advanced Pain Relief"-bought at a brace center. Has Glucosamine, MSM, Aloe, Vit E-costs $10 for 4 oz jar-feels cool & relieves burning
'Banana Boat Aloe after sun Gel. Now also comes with Lidocaine. Very soothing. Costs $5 for 16 oz bottle. Used for sunburn but I incidentally found it to help neuropathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to numbtoes For This Useful Post:
Grace and Peace (06-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

NikonKid HB User

Thanks for the info on Milk Thistle....asked my doctor about it today and she said it sounded like a good idea. I take all the vitamins you mentioned and also selenium. It's an antioxidant. I have a hypothyroid and read it helps with that also.
Jeanne

Old 01-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
(female)

MissVanessa HB User
Thumbs up Re: Natural remedies/ vitamins/ creams for RSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcomet62
Thanks for the info on Milk Thistle....asked my doctor about it today and she said it sounded like a good idea. I take all the vitamins you mentioned and also selenium. It's an antioxidant. I have a hypothyroid and read it helps with that also.
Jeanne
YES!! Milk Thistle is really good to take to help detoxify your liver (it is hard on it, taking a bunch of medications- even if it's just Motrin!)...

Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
(female)

aicirtapo HB User

I take all the vitamins you list except Milk Thistle and I too will try it. For temporary relief when things act up more than usual I have used a COLD gel. It is methyl preparation and I get the drug store to add extra (doctor prescription need) up to 10% and it really cools things down and stops the burning for 20 minutes or so. Of course, I am still on the drugs so it just that extra bit that it takes away, not all the pain of RSD but helps me sleep. Laura

Closed Thread