It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
(female)

nichole72 HB User
New to CRPS or RDS

Iboat just found out a week ago the I had CRPS(RDS). I was not so shocked by becuz my main doc had mention it to me 7 weeks prior whenshe sent me for a bone scan. And the bone scan came back negative. I knew there was something seriously wrong. About 11 wks ago I had radio frequency in my right cervical(neck) and right after the procedure I knew something was wrong my whole right arm was numb. My PM doc said that was normal but after I left I couldnt lift or raise my right arm. I had massive sweeling in my upper arm and not to mention just the pain alone. Couldnt sleep on my right side and wanted no one to touch my right side. It turn out my C5-C6 had benn hit very badly that was discovered w/my nueroligist during a EMG.He recommend I find anew PM to help deal with my pain,I sure wasnt going back to the old PM. Now going on 11 weeks dealing with this pure hell, my new PM did a few test and said I did have CRPS(RSD) and that I need a stellate block to try to correct this asap. He told me if it works it might last a couple of hours and days or months, just no knowing. But if after a while it srtill causing problems the he suggested a spinal stimulator(fun). Well I did my first stellate block and I got the pretty horner eye but it has brought the sewlling down a little and the sensitivety down a notch but still is a real bother. I find out to day that my right arm is shrinking and that is part of CRPS(RSD). It like my arm is caving in. Im on tons of meds and they just take the edge off of evrything. My cymbalta, Nuearotin, Pamelor or suppose to help me go to sleep, when?Its very frustrating not know the end out come. I appreciate everyone listening, I'm just looking for caring people that are in the same as I. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Take care everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: New to CRPS or RDS

Hi Nichole,

Welcome to the board. I think you will like it here. There are a lot of nice, caring, knowledgeable people here so glad you found us.

I don't really have any advice for you except it seems that your PM doc went an unorthodox route with your treatment. Usually, they seem to do the blocks first and then if they help, but the effects don't last long, some will do a sympathectomy or radio frequency ablation that you had done so I don't know about that. I'm sorry the RF didn't help you though. I hope you're liking your new PM a bit better.

It's nice meeting you.

Sharon

Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

NikonKid HB User
Re: New to CRPS or RDS

Nichole
Just wanted to say welcome to the boards....
Jeanne

Old 02-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
(male)

bstinch HB User

nichole.....you'll find there are a lot more people out there with the same issues. i had a spinal fusion after a car wreck, left me somewhat paralyzed. i have similar issues with my left arm, that u do with your right. i can't raise it above my head, and it has atrophied to the point where it looks just like a stick. my left hand is always swollen; i sleep with my left arm wedged inbetween 2 pillows, trying to keep it elevated.as for pain, hydrocodone works a little , temporarily. i have been on neurotin and lyrica; can't really tell if they do anything for pain, because it is always there. however, it does make me sleep all the time.your best bet, is to see someone that understands the foundations of rsd or crps. some medications may work better or worse for you than others. it's hit and miss. of course, i am not a doctor, but it sounds to me that there are some nerves that are not firing. keep working on your range of motion with that arm and shoulder; if you have that already, or if it is good, then use strengthening exercises. initially, use exercises with both arms, even if it is without any weight. the research i've read indicates that this helps with motor memory..hangin there, you're not alone...bryan

Old 02-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
(female)

nichole72 HB User

I just want to say Thank you all. It will be nice to have other people to talk to who can relate 100%. I wish evryone good luck also!

Closed Thread