It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
(female)

sherry77 HB User
Unhappy Anybody have leg fused and RSD

HI I am new to this site but I have really liked reading about RSD. Everybody here seems so nice and helpful. I have had 2 failed knee replacements because of kneecap removal in 84. My only chance was to have my leg fused which means I have a rod into my thigh bone down to my ankle bone and my leg is completely straight it does not bend at all. I have had alot of pain and since the leg fusion in 2002 my pain has been horrible just worse than ever. I have been trying to collect my SSD for almost 5 years now, believe me thats been stressful enought for me. Its now in Federal Court, my lawyers filed against the judge that I had. I just learned that they didn't go along with the judge and overturned his decision but it still doesn't mean I have my SSD yet. Right now they are giving the judge time to respond why he did what he did, this has been so crazy for me. I just learned from my doctor that I have RSD. My leg is so much worse now than ever before. The swelling has never gone down just got more swollen and cold and hot and turning blue and red and so very painful. I am 54 and never thought I would be in such mesery. I hate having this fused leg and now RSD man talk about the stress. Plus having to fight for my SSD has really wore me down alot. Not to many people want to be around me anymore can't really blame them, I am not much company. I even got a congressman to try and help me with my SSD but that wasn't much help. I have been doing alot of crying. I do mean alot it just seems that all I can do anymore. Its just to much stress with the pain and the straight leg and now back and hip pain and waiting to see if they give me my SSD plus the medical bills just so much and not be able to work. Its like nobody really cares and I am all alone. My husband tries to help but it puts stress on him to see me this away. This is a good site. I would love to hear anybodies feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kitcat1015 HB User
Arrow Re: Anybody have leg fused and RSD

Hey Sherry,
So sorry you have having problems with the leg and SSD, and RSD on top of it. I recently learned myself i had RSD...started with a ankle injury..my ankle is still swelled and my heel wont go down, and its been over 7 months.
This is a workers comp case.........and i cant believe how bad they treat you...like your a leper!!!!
I got a lawyer in the 5th month, because i did not like the way things were going in my case.
We understand your feelings here.........feel free to unload....lord knows im still verbally unloading to.
Welcome to this board, and please subscribe to it so you can get the updates in your email.
I am in this message board on a daily basis now.......so nice that yall can relate to allllll my aches, pains, & problems.
Have a great nite,
CAT

Closed Thread