It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

warmnsunny HB User
moving to florida where i am GREAT

well i have decided to move to florida from michigan because of my rsd. now, i just have a couple questions for our friends in florida, what doctors could be recommended by you all ?? I am asking my pm, but he doesnt believe me about me moving to florida.. I want to know what area to start looking in. i see my pm again in a month, but really wanted to start now.
I have a 12 yr old son and 15yr old daughter, and just me, a young feeling and looking 41 yr old with rsd in the whole left side and has had bilateral spread into my right hand and wrist. my spread got nipped out because of the quick actions of my wonderful pm doc and his blessed sgb's.. (even tho they really knocked me out for an entire week).

we went to florida for vacation and we realized how much better my body felt in the climate. I also felt better and was able to participate i so many activities. I felt wonderful and happy.

I just met with my realtor here in michigan and its pretty sad the shape of how much my 9 yr old house is worth, i may as well start out fresh some where where i feel good, its so depressing here, emotionally, people, this house, at least well i still have some good money coming in...

anyhoo....any insight into any recommendations would be great!!! thanks. im so sorry for jabbering on...

we would really like to live around northern gulf coast....Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Skooze HB User
Re: moving to florida where i am GREAT

Aloha Warmnsunny!

I'm so happy that you have decided to mve to a warmer climate. It does make a big differnce, I live in Maui where its a stable 78 degrees. I could not imagine living in a cold state, I was born and raised in Nebraska. Being acclimated a few drops in the temperature reeks havoc with my RSD. My hands turn purple and are in that fixed positon I visited my mom in Vegas in July and the heat about killed me. I think any extreme change in temp. is not good for us.

I don't know of any dr's where you are moving too, but I know there are people who do. I just wanted to wish you luck in your move and that you made the right choice! Keep us posted. Aloha Skooze

Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User

Warmnsunny,

I know of 2 that i would suggest. I have a family member and an ex military friend who sees these doctors and they take pretty good care of them from what I have been told. I dont know there names or contact info, but I will make a couple phone calls and get you as much info without violating the board rules. I will get you the info tomorrow.

Take care,
Jon

Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #4
(male)

Scrufysdad HB User

Hello Warmsunny, I live in Florida, that is South Florida...Miami/Ft.Lauderdale. Don't move there! It is way too expensive and if I were you I would consider looking above the Orlando area in North Florida. My wife and I have found that from Orlando down the cost of living is too much. We had a 2 story house 3/2.5 bath that we were forced to sell cause of my injury and RSD. We just couldn't afford it with taxes and all. Just to give you some info..our taxes for the year on the house was 3300.00 and didn't even include insurance for flood, hurricane damage etc. Add in the cost of the mortgage then you are talking serious money. I don't mean to discourage you in anyway, cause I know the the warmer climate is much, much better for us all. I just figure if I could save anyone time and money then I was able to help someone out. IF you need anymore information please post and I will answer you aquickly. Ben

Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

catlover46 HB User

Hey there,
I lived in Fl over 35 years. If i were you i would do a online search to different areas in Fl. I lived on gulf coast Sarasota/ Bradenton area. Every county is different in FL....if you were on W/C...i would tell you to stay out of FL.
Where i was in FL.....humidity was BAD. And summers are just to HOT.
I am having trouble with my pain and the rsd sweats........when i go to P.T. i get very red in the face and sweat pores off me. Im not working hard....im just doing foot excercises...my P.T. doesnt know a thing about RSD...so she says oh great...you really worked hard today..........Grrrrrrrrrrrr I tell her NO...It is pain and the rsd sweats due to the pain. Am i alone in this pain and the rsd sweats...they really go together with me.
When the burning pain hits me the sweat machine starts.

later yall

Closed Thread