It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 03:47 AM   #1
(female)

mtmjwz HB User
Hey Guys! I Bumped my Head now I hurt

I needed to know if this is a normal part of RSD or if it something I should call my doctor about. Quite frankly I am getting sick of calling them for every little thing, and am running out of money because I have recently lost my job because of this.

I hit my head on the handle of my refrigerator the other day, what normally would have gone away after a day or so, is still there, and the pain is radiating down my face. It is the tingling, burning sensation that comes with RSD. It is extremely painful to even the slightest touch. I just don't want to chalk it up as RSD when it isn't, but I also know that trauma flares it up. I do have a knot on my head still, but it didn't even so much as bruise. That side of my face has a very slight pinkish tint to is, but it is very slight.

Anybody have any ideas or comments for me?

Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mixtinn HB User
Re: Hey Guys! I Bumped my Head now I hurt

It sounds like it caused your RSD to flare up.. Do you have any dizziness or blurred vision?? I would call the Dr.. thats what he is there for.. or just watch for another week or so.. as long has you don't have any dizziness or blurred vision..
Wish you luck.. Lets know how your doing..
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

mtmjwz HB User

No, no dizziness or blurry vision, at least not from that. Nothing new. I think it is a flare up, and I told my husband I would e-mail my doctor to touch base with her. I don't have the money to go in all the time. I can't get him to understand that, we are running out of money FAST!! I am not working anymore. Thanks for your reply.

If anybody else thinks of anything else, please let me know. Or if you agree, I need the confirmation and the support. I am getting very frustrated again. I am not very supported by my husband or son concerning things that are needed done around my house. I have to have my sister and mom come over to do things for me, like laundry and dishes. I have even had to have my 9 yr old daughter go down stairs with my camera phone to take pictures of my washer so I can tell her the setting to wash clothes. I guess it's a good lesson to learn, I just wish somebody would take her down and show her.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User

I HATE it when I thump my melon..

Old 05-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
(female)

tame the flame HB User

Were not doctors by all means but please go get it checked! I know of someone that hit her head on the door frame of her car getting out of it and it caused a Hematoma (blood clot) it's a very long story of what this poor woman went through but she is totally disable and very lucky to be alive because of this little bump on the head..you just never know!! when my daughter was little she fell a few steps off the slide and got a Hematoma and the drs had told us back then the blood clot would disolove through out the body but if it didn't there could be problems and we would have to have a hole drilled in her head and have it drained..that wasn't the case so we were lucky..so please play it safe get it checked your having too much pain..please keep us posted.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
(female)

mtmjwz HB User

ok, thank you very much for your information, I never thought or knew of any of that. That was very helpful for me.

In reply to: tame the flame

Last edited by mtmjwz; 05-24-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
(female)

tame the flame HB User

Your very welcome, she has written about her "Bump on the head" I just don't know how to share the site with you and others here. Glad I could help some what just the same

Closed Thread