It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

mimba46 HB User
Question PLEASE...ANYBODY advice on how to taper off a time release morphine

Can anybody here please advise me on the best way to taper off MSContin 60mgs. My doc wants me down to one a day. I cut down from 3 to 2 and before that I was on Kadian 100mgs a day, but that last for 24 hours, then I changed to MSContin 60mgs, 3 times a day. They last for at least 12 and I just can't seem to go down any further without withdrawel symptoms. I'm terrified of the pain as well without it. Also, does lyrica work? I've heard about it and was wondering. My sister has fibromyalgia and she says it works wonders for her. What is the best way to taper? I'd love to be off the morphine altogether, but think the pain would be too much. I have RSD in my left leg(original injury in left ankle) and it has spread to right leg, left arm, and right arm and now in my lower back as well. I just don't see how to taper off a time release, since the next time you take it, you are back up to the same mgs? It seems to me once the effects wear off after 12 hours, I would experience withdrawals and the when I take it again, the cycle would repeat.
Does ANYBODY KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO?????
HELPPPP
If you have done this, please tell me how and what the schedule was for tapering, Thanks, I would greatly appreciate any advice

Kim

Closed Thread