It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
(male)

thebrewery HB User
why does my neck sweat

why does my neck sweat

Old 09-28-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

mimba46 HB User
Re: why does my neck sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrewery View Post
why does my neck sweat
Well I don't know why as I have told my doc about this and he never says why, but mine does and I thought maybe something else was going on like menopause, but when I read this post, I was relieved to know that I was right and it IS the RSD. Thanks for that. I like it when I'm right! Mine will sweat on just one side. Mostly the right side. lately. Usually(in my case anyway) I will experience sweating when it is in the process of spreading to an area close to where I am sweating. Like sweating on your neck could be it's spreading to that arm, shoulder, etc. I hate to tell you this, but thats what it does with me anyway. I have not confirmed this with my doc, so don't take it as gospal, but that has been my experience. My RSD is all over and everytime it goes somewhere else, I get the sweats there before. Mine started in my left ankle and has since went to left leg, left arm, right leg. right arm, back and now left hip. I had sweating right before I started to feel the symptoms in that side. And before a flareup as well. Lately my right side of my neck has been sweating and the last few days, my right arm has flared up. I also had a flare-up(bad one too) the last few days and I have been sweating all over.
To explain why my doc has not confirmed this, is I'm not real thrilled with my doc right now, long story, but its like he doesn't listen to me and when I tell him thses things, he ignores me and says nothing. Needless to say, I'm looking for a new PM!!! Once when I told him about the sweating he sent me for a blood sugar test, so thats tells you a little. It turned out fine and he has not explained anything further.
where is your RSD now?

Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

sixftblnd HB User

This sweating thing is so strange! I sweat on my upper lip all the time since rsd. Doesn't matter what time of the day, it comes and goes. I also seem to sweat when I sit down to eat dinner. My husband laughs at me. I sit down, start to eat, next thing I'm fanning myself. It's just my head and neck. It's so strange. I have never been a sweater before rsd. I am turning 41 next month and I know menopause is comming, but I don't think that is what is causing it. WIERD!!

Sherry

Old 09-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Sherry,
Its Michelle1.. My screen name got all screwed up again for some reason.. So now Iam under Michelle94..
Anyway.. The sweating is all totally normal.. All part of RSD.. Its our autonomic dysfunctioning. The sweating is actually called hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). When I first started with the RSD.. I was taking meds at the same time.. I use to think it was the meds.. I would have the worst nite sweats.. I would wake up and have to change my clothes... Its now been about 4 yrs since then.. I know longer get the sweats like that anymore.. I will get warmer then the rest of the household and I also get called very easy.. I am 41 also.. I thought it might of been the start of menopause.. Were to young.. lol lol..
I hope this helps. Your not going crazy..
Michelle1

The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle94 For This Useful Post:
timbu (06-26-2011)
Closed Thread