It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
(female)

nichole72 HB User
Question Remission?

Hello Everyone,

First of all,I hope everyone is doing well and wish everyone well. My question is the last 5 days, I have felt about 50% better. I still have pain but I believe after awhile you get so use to it all that it seems normal. I was wondering does this happen that once in awhile you get a few days of relief. I have not had this many days of feeling a 100% horrible. Could this mean that maybe remission is coming my way. Or does RSD gives a little break here and there. Just would like feedback if I could be heading towards remission or just get a few days that are not kickin my butt. Thanks Everyone!

Nichole

Old 10-29-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User
Re: Remission?

Nichole,
Thats a great question.. One that was making me doubt myself even having RSD.. It took me about two yrs to figure that one out..
My feeling is.. Its RSD.. My experience.. I've had those bad days.. sometimes lasting weeks on end. Expecially during the colder weather.. They would go away for a while..Then I would start thinking Maybe I don't have RSD.. I always thought that people with RSD have constant pain 24/7.. Thats not always the case.. Some do. but alot don't..
I think using the term flare up falls into this catagory.. Iam always in pain.. Between a scale of 1-10. Most of the time it stays at 5-6.. During my flareups it can go over 10..
I hope in your case it does go in remission.. People who have gone in remission still have pain but, they can go on with a pretty normal life.
Please excuse me for asking you this.. You probably have mentioned this constantly.. How long have you had RSD for? Iam just curious.. Iam starting to wonder.. It seems to me that everyone whos just started with RSD seems to have differant symtoms then the pts who have had it for a long time.. Thats a good question.. I think Iam going to start a new thread and ask that....
Take care.. Hope this helps you out...
Michelle1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
(female)

nichole72 HB User

Michelle94,

I have had RSD for about a year. But last night after I posted this thread, it all came to a end. I was doing some cleaning and I hit my right hand real hard on something. My right arm is my original site but after I hit my right hand, I have been in pain since. I have read that if you get hurt or have another injury it can send your RSD going. I do agree you have pain on a daily basis just like you around a 5 or 6 on okay days but when you have those flare ups it goes way over a 10. I just hadn't had 5 days of a 5 so I was hoping for the best! How long have you suffered from this hell? It's just great to have a site like this that can bring you with other people who suffer the same. I remember the 1st few weeks on this board, I was on the pain board, I didnt even realize the RSD board and it has been the greastest tool through all this. Thanks alot .

Nichole

Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Nichole,
I've had it for almost 7 yrs.. I wasn't dx until 4 yrs later.. They kept treating me for herniations.. Iam 41 now.. I was in a very bad auto accident when I was 16.. I always had neck pain.. through the yrs.. I have noticed I started with symtoms of RSD.. never thought anything of it.. About 10 yrs ago.. I got the fifth disease.. Childhood disease.. when adults get it, its alot worse. It started with my legs swelling up, by two weeks every joint was swollen, painful to touch.. it was horrible.. That took several weeks to go away with pain meds etc.. Then yrs went on still had symtoms nothing to bad where I could not tolerate it.. Then boom, I got in another accident.. this is when I hernitated my dics.. Even though I won my lawsuit from this accident.. I swear I think it was from the one yrs ago.. and from this new accident it just started the whole process over, but even worse..
This site is great.. Family and friends say they understand.. but they really don't.. Sometimes I think they feel Iam faking it.. I even had my ex's new wife write a letter to me, telling to get off my A**. and get a job because Iam lazy and Iam making it all up.. She even tells my kids that when they go over.. They get so upset.. This women is a wako.. she just stand that fact that my ex has to pay childsupport.. She feels he's paying for me to sit home.. Well she never had kids and never wants them.. If she ever knew how much they really cost...
Anyway.. I hope you have a better day.. Just try to take it easy for a while.. let the flareup calm down.. Are you still working? If not are you collecting for it...
Take care,
Michele1

Old 10-30-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
(female)

nichole72 HB User

Michelle1,

You are so right about people they dont understand or have no clue what this RSD does to someone. Me and my husband seperated shortly after my cerviacl scs. There was alot of reasons for it but my health didnt help. He just didnt realize what I was going through. He was either being a jerk or just was scared of it himself.

I do still work even though it's getting harder and harder. Many mornings, I just dont want to get up! My grandmother keeps telling me to apply for disabilty. I'm not sure if I want to go that route yrt. Are you on disabilty since you are not working? For me , work does help at least mentally with the type of job I have. I hope when or if I do when my lawsuit, I can just stop working period. I had a slip and fall back in 2005. I have c3-c6 are herninated, degenerated and bulging. My t5-t6 are dengerated and l3-l5 and l5-sl are also herninated and bulging. But it wasnt till the trip to my 1st pain pm and he hit my nevres in my right cervical. I loss use of my right arm and pain from hell and all the signs of RSD. So I must thank him! My lawyer is sueing Walgreens, dairy company and the pm doc. So, I'm hoping for a nice settlement.

I hope your kids are good helpers for you.How old are your kids? Mine still dont understand. They dont understand why mommy doesn't feel good or just wants to rest all the time.

Well take care. I wish you pain free days!

Nichole

Old 10-31-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
(female)

kincaidj HB User

Some of the articles I have been reading from medical reviews/conferences/studies have been saying that only 10-13% don't go into remission. How true is that? Does anyone/everyone agree with this?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
(female)

jennifer3063 HB User

Nichole, do you think you may be in remission still? How had the pain been?

Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
(female)

numbing hands HB User

Nicole,
Were you filing a lawsuit for medical malpractice? How did your lawyer charge you? I would like to find a lawyer who will accept my case as a contingence for medical malpractice as i had developed RSD from a very painful IV.
In terms of remission, I heard that there is only a small % of people who can obtain full remission. I am wondering what is the statistic on having a full remission.
Anita

Old 11-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Nichole,
I am sorry your hubby left you right when you probably needed him the most.. So your basically going through a divorce and RSD at the same time? That what I went through.. All the termoil.. it just stressed me out so much.. In 3 months I lost 38lbs.. I was a wreck.. Iam finally starting to gain.. I go up and down constantly.. I have a hard time keeping the weight on.. I dont know why.. My whole family is like that.. EVen my boys.. They hate it..
My kids are 14,16,18.. They are my life.. They give me something to fight for.. It would be really easy to sit on this sofa all the time.. lol.. but all of them are involved with sports.. They have me going.. Thank god two of them drive now.. It helps out alot. They are all so understanding.. I love them to death.. How old are you kids? You must have your hands full.. Does your ex ever take them for you?
As for disability.. I do not collect.. I was a stay at home for yrs until I got divorced..Went back to school and worked for two yrs then I was in the auto accident and got RSD.. In order to collect disability. First you have to be out of work for 12 months or longer.. and second you have to have enough working credits... I don't have enough.. I was thinking about going for SSI.. Thats low-income disability.. Iam sure with me just winning the lawsuit that I would be approved...
I understand what your saying about working.. It does keep your mental state going.. but there comes a time where you have to take care of yourself also.. What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?
Take care,
Michelle1

Closed Thread