It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
(male)

NewmanToo HB User
Exclamation Question About RSD And Climate :)

FIRST IF ALL, I AM NEW TO NERVE ISSUES, I HAVE BEEN SICK FOR JUST OVER ONE YEAR. I have RSD and Neuropathy in my right leg, pretty bad. I have no use of it due to an incomplete spinal cord injury that is slowly working it;s way up my spineal cord. I can tell you when the weather is going to change, (I Live In Rhode Island), I have EXTREMELY BAD symptoms with wild swings in weather, temperature. For example, yesterday it was 55 here and today it is 18, and I am in agony.....if the temp swings back up rapidly, my symptoms worsten as well...Ao now that you know the "Readers Digest" version of my situation...here is my question......I want to move out west.....preferably Colorado. In anyone and everyone's experience....what do you think of this, would the elevation of liviing out in the DRY west reak havok with my symptoms as bad as the DAMP southern new england weather? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

wannaBpainfree2 HB User
Re: Question About RSD And Climate :)

Newman Too
Thought I would help you with one of your ?'s. Colorado has dramatic weather swing just like us here in New England. My husband lived their for many years and it could be below 30 and snowing in the morning and then go to 70 degrees in the same day and visa versa. Not sure about the elevation. But if your thinking about some Dry Western temps you should consider going further West and south. Toward the desert areas. Hope this helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
(male)

NewmanToo HB User
Question Re: Question About RSD And Climate :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBpainfree2 View Post
Newman Too
Thought I would help you with one of your ?'s. Colorado has dramatic weather swing just like us here in New England. My husband lived their for many years and it could be below 30 and snowing in the morning and then go to 70 degrees in the same day and visa versa. Not sure about the elevation. But if your thinking about some Dry Western temps you should consider going further West and south. Toward the desert areas. Hope this helps a little.
Dear PainFree,
What part of Colorado did he live in. Eastern or Western/Northern or Southern......The climate varies greatly from region to region....I was most curious about if elevation would be an issue, but if you can tell me where in CO he lived, that could be of some help to me .

Thank You,
NemanToo

Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
(female)

wannaBpainfree2 HB User
Re: Question About RSD And Climate :)

He lived in Denver Colorado. Your very welcome feel free to ask any other questions. Sorry I misspelled your name.

Closed Thread