It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

jessemom HB User
Michelle!

Hi Michelle

Were you able to go to work? How did it go? I'm so anxious to hear! I hope you're enjoying it and feeling productive and happy...please let us know!

Vicki

Last edited by jessemom; 09-23-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User
Re: Michelle!

Vicki,
No I haven't gone yet They keep calling and telling me to come one day then they call again.. Now I am not to start until next week.. It actually all works out for me anyway.. My best friends how burned down and she needs me right now..
I am very nervous with this change of weather I have been flaring up.. It really scares me... Being on my feet all day will be tough, then to come home and make dinner etc. all I can do is try.. I also have herniations to my cervical spine.. That becomes painful to when I stand for a length of time..
I have to work.. I need some money..lol..
I don't colect SSD or SSi.. Just a little extra would really help a lot....
Even though I got that law suit money.. That goes fast.. I had so much debt do to this darn RSD it all went to that... Now I am back to square one...
Its ok though.. I 've been through so much in my life and made it through.. I can make it through this..
Thanks for asking.. I'll have to let you know next week..lol
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

jessemom HB User

Michelle,
Although it's so tragic about your friend's house, it's probably for the best you have the time to be there for her and take some time to regroup. The universe works in mysterious ways and this is a perfect example!

I hope and pray you're able to get to work next week. From what I've read in your posts, it's you want and need. Hang in there. You're a good friend and that's what counts more than anything. Try not to stress too much...all will work out for you!

Sending you good vibes,
Vicki

Old 09-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Vicki,
Your sweet... Yea its been a crazy week.. Last night I had my doubts lol.. I started with a really bad headache the day before.. I had all night the night prior all day yesterday.. My whole head hurt so bad.. I vision was even blurry.. Then by the end of yesterday the RSD flared up so bad.. My whole body hurt.. This is where I have doubts..when it comes to working.. What if I had that and I had to go to work.. So scary. Today I woke up I still feel the headache not so bad..
Do any of you get really bad headache with RSD.. I am actually doing a research with Dr Schwartzman involving RSD/headache.. I had this 25 page form to fill out... and they evaluate me off and on.. They call me so see how I am doing.. I was just curious if anyone else has this problem...

Well thanks for the words of wisdom.. Hopefully they will start me next week.. My mind is eager.. My body is scared lol lol.. I'll be ok.. It is what it is.. Extra money always helps..
Thanks again,
Michelle

Old 09-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
(female)

jessemom HB User

Hi Michelle,
I'm so sorry to hear you've been suffering so much!! Yes, I get migraines! I used to get them when I was in my 20's and they finally stopped. But, in the last 6 months I would estimate I've had at least 6 migraines. I can tell you from experience, they're the worst pain you can ever have!! I want to just cut my head off when they happen.

Do you get an "aura" (visual signs) or smell strange odors prior to the pain coming on? I usually get little sparkly lights that come from my peripheral vision...strange, but I've heard this is common. I pop a pill and hope for the best, but it usually doesn't help much. Opiates can make headaches worse so I take Fioricet for headaches and stop the oxycodone until they go away (can take up to 48 hrs!!!). Fioricet kind of sedates me so the pain doesn't make me want to jump out a window (wouldn't help...our windows are only about 5 feet from the ground). I'd be very interested to hear any new infomation about these horrible headaches and if they're really migraines or some new type of RSD-related headache.

Hope you're soon feeling better. It must be all the stress from worrying about the job and your friend's house burning down. And, OH! the RSD maybe??? Please take care,
Vicki

Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Vicki,
Wow.. They would love to research you... I don't get them like you do.. I don't even if they are migraines or not.. I was in a MVA when I 16 I had a lot of head injury and facial injury.. I use to get bad headache back then... They never told me they were migraines or not.. I remember them saying something about my nerve ending healing and thats what was causing the pain...I didn't know that opiates can make it worse.. So thats good to know.. Maybe thats why I wasn't getting better lol...
I feel a little better today.. See this is whats happening.. I wake up, I am feeling ok.. As I start to do things the headache starts.. I am not sure if its coming from my herniations or what.. by the end of the day.. Boom.. I feel like jumping out the window lol.. myself..
The pain starts in the back of my head. and then travels all over by the end of the day.. I don't get the vision problems that you have.. I have a hard time focusing.. blurry.. and noise bothers me.. My fiance seems to think it could be my blood pressure.. Oh I don't know.. I am just frustrated, cause I was feeling really good.. and now.. I that I get a job.. it all starts back up...
My work called me again.. Now I start on Monday.. So I'll have to see.. all I can do try it out.. I more worried about my herniations then I am the RSD.. When the herniations start up that flares the RSD up.. Oh well.. what am I going to do.. I need the extra money...
I really don't feel stressed out.. I am a pretty clam person.. I just look at life as it is what is, and instead stressing on it I try to figure out a way to fix the situation.. I've been through so much in my life. In and out hospitals from my accident when I was 16, my mother was a drinker, then got cancer and the passed.. My father was married 3 months after my mothers death.. and moved on to start his own life. without me.. I brought my children on my own. Then the MVA 7 yrs ago.. got the RSD.. from there lol.. I lost my house, credit, but you know what.. they are all materialistic things.. I still have my life and my three children... Gosh. now I am just yaping lol lol.. most be the coffee.. lol
Well todays a nice rainy day.. That should cause a lovely flare up.. lol
I hope you have a good day.. Today I am house shopping with my girlfriend..
Take care,
Michelle

Old 09-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
(female)

jessemom HB User

message posted twice

Last edited by jessemom; 09-26-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: duplicate

Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
(female)

jessemom HB User

Hi Michelle,
You're so positive!!! I don't think anyone can survive RSD without a positive outlook. Those that wallow in misery seem to do worse than the one's who make the best of things. I try, but it's hard sometimes. And, I have the herniations, nerve impingement, scoliosis and arthritis in my lower back. It's always one or the other and sometimes both. This chilly damp weather is killing me. The transition to fall/winter really takes its toll on us here in the Northeast!!

You mentioned a head injury...I fractured C-3 when I was in my teens. diving into a shallow pool. I made a quick and full recovery and aside from the migraines, I had no problems after the incident. I always wonder if the RSD hid until I was in the MVA in 2006???

I know exactly what you mean about the financial problems. I went from having a very substantial income, expense account and all the perks to 60% of my prior income. I had to give up my apartment in the city and move back to my Mom's house. I'm very grateful I have the disability policy but it's nowhere near what I had before and it's taxable. But, whenever I get to feeling down about it, I think of those who have little to no income at all, no insurance and struggling to get by day-to-day. I should slap myself whenever I get to feeling so selfish but I'm afraid it will bring on a flare

Good luck on Monday!! You must be beyond excited!!

Hope you have a wonderful day,
Vicki

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Hey Vicki,
Well I made it through my first day.. Wow. That was tiring.. Its been a while that I put a whole day in like that.. There was 12 babies there today.. and 3 of us.. It was work.. Changing diapers, feeding. etc.. You don't stop all day.. I got a break after 6 hrs. That kind of made me mad.. But. I went home.. ate a little lunch, and took my meds.. Tonight I am tired.. Its just hard coming home having to rush and make dinner, do some house work.. but I think I might be ok.. Actually tonight is the test.. seeing if I sleep ok..
I'll tell you though.. Its good for the mind mentally.. Instead of sitting home feeling sorry for myself..
Tomorrow I go in again.. Two days in a row.. Thats scary.. but i'll keep on trying.. lol
I hope all is well..
Michelle

Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #10
(female)

jessemom HB User

Hi Michelle,
I'm so happy for you!!! You sound much better just in your postings I hope you're able to make it through...how many days a week are you working?

Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and I'm so glad to hear you finally started! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Love,
Vicki

Old 09-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: Michelle!

Hi Michelle,

Congrats on finishing your first day. I guess today was your second. When I started watching my niece and nephew in September, I was exhausted! I've noticed over the past few weeks that things are much better. It takes less time for me to feel less tired so I hope that is the way it works for you too. Good luck and congrats again.

Hi, Vicki!

Sharon

Old 09-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #12
(female)

tigerlily11 HB User

Hi Michelle,
Just want you to know that I was thinking of you as you had your second day on the job! I hope you are able to get some rest when you get home and not overwhelm yourself with all the responsibilities that await you when you get home!!! Please take care, and I hope you get a good night's sleep. Thanks for your post to my in my thread!!!
Take care !

Old 10-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

I just wanted to thank all of you.. You're all so sweet...
Today I am off thank god... Its hard.. Theres is four babies to one adult all under the age of 12 months.. I really didn't think it would be that tough. At home is so different taking care of kids.. At the daycare.. Your on a constant schedule.. with diaper changing, breakfeast , lunch, naps.. etc.. Its alot.. Yesterday we had 12 kids in the room.. A lot of lifting.. lol lol
By my second day I was beat.. My hands were burning, feet etc.. Today I woke up my hands are swelled and my whole entire body feels like I had a major work out.. When you touch my muscles it hurts so bad....
I know would never be able to do full time.. This is just enough.. It is hard to come home and start cleaning up.. Thats the part I am not use to.. Actually my whole family is not use too lol lol.. They're all use to mom being here....
So I came home last night.. Ordered out lol lol.. Sat in the bath tub afterwards.. and was in bed by 8:30, with heating pads.. but I am not going to let it stop me.. I really like it alot.. I love the babies.. They are so cute.. Any older I don't think I would like it.. even though at this age it is alot harder.. All I have to say is.. Thank god my babies did not go to daycare... lol
Well thank you all.. I have a lot to do today..
Michelle

Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Michelle94 HB User

Sharon,
Let me tell you.. I think I picked one heck of a tough job to start out with after dealing with RSD all this time lol lol.. We have twelve babies all under the age of 11 months.. The ratio is one adult to four children.. Let me tell you.. It is work.. lol lol
The other day I did the 2 and 3 yr old room.. OMG that was so much easier.. The infant room consist of a lot of lifting.. its just constant moving. all eight hrs of it..lol.. But I'll tell you.. Its great for me mentally.. I am really tired when I get home.. Trying to keep up with the house etc is so hard.. but I am sticking to it..
The past few days have been rough.. My Fiancee been in the hospital so running back and forth with that has been tough..
Well tomorrow is Friday, thank god lol..
Michelle

Old 10-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: Michelle!

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear about your fiancee. I hope it's nothing TOO serious. You didn't need THAT on top of everything else, did you?

You sound good. You have a positive attitude so I know you're giving it all you have. You can't do more than that! I have some idea of what you're doing although I only have 2 kids (2 and 4) and they're my niece and nephew. The difference with me is I was never meant to have children or become a mother so it doesn't come too easy for me although I surprise myself at times. My love for them carries me through the day so I have that added plus.

Your job sounds tough. It sounds like you never know what age you'll be working with until that day. Is that right? I'm sure you're great at it!

Hang in there and I hope your fiancee comes home soon.

Sharon

Closed Thread