It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
(female)

lindkaye3 HB User
twitching, anyone?

Has anyone come across a form of "twitching" that comes with RSD? It started mainly in my leg, but lately has moved to my hands, feet, legs and face. Mainly when I am relaxing, getting ready for bed. I know some twitching is normal - muscles relaxing. But this is getting pretty frequent and strong - sometimes my leg just jerks! I have the RSD in my leg and when the jerking occurs, it results in my leg hurting quite a bit. Could it be my meds or is it part of the RSD? Just another thing to add to my list of crazyness! Thanks.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: twitching, anyone?

Hi,

Twitching and muscle spasms can come along with RSD. There are meds (baclofen is one) that can help. I know these twitches are really annoying and can get painful. You also can feel like you're going crazy, but you aren't...they definitely are one of the many signs and symptoms of RSD.

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User
Re: twitching, anyone?

Yup,what Sharon said! LOL I had real bad uncontrollable jerking of my legs. Since getting on baclofen I barely have any "episodes" anymore. :-D It's awesome. It had started doing it in my arms too and that was just annoying trying to type and have my arm flail out! LOL Talk to your doc about a muscle relaxer, baclofen and soma are the 2 common ones to take long term.

Hugs,

Karen

Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
(female)

lindkaye3 HB User

Thanks for the responses - its good to know I'm not going insane! At first I thought it was all in my mind, then my hubby saw my foot jerk up! Its just kinda annoying when I am trying to get my muscles to relax to go to sleep, then it starts in. So far it's only painful when its in my leg where I have my rsd - my knee replacement. When I jerk my knee - I about hit the roof! I hate to think of another med to take = but if they keep getting more frequent, will have to ask my pain doc. I will be going in for surgery next month on my knee -= and don't want it twitching then! Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
(female)

hdladyred HB User

Hey everyone - along with the Baclofen there is a newish med that you only have to take once a day - at bedtime - and it "helps you sleep" - OK - laugh snort... not much helps me sleep but they...the ever elusive doctors in the sky who make up all of the side effects that I wish I would get as opposed to the ones that I do get ... any way it is called Amrix. It is loosely related to flexiril and is a 24 hour dose. It works much better for me than Baclofen did and maybe I'm being a tiny bit hopeful here - I do sleep at least the first 45 minutes after I lay down now but the good news is I don't twitch! Seriously it does work well for me with the twitching and the baclofen and soma didn't do much for me at all other than make me a walking zombee that twitched during the day. Best of luck to you! Lissa

Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

Hey Lissa. Glad you've found something that works so well for you with a nice "side effect" for once! LOL There's enough bad ones that's for sure. I've never heard of the one you mention but the word "newish" = it probably costs too much money for me to pay for! LMAO I'm very lucky to not suffer from anything other than a little drowsiness from any med for the first 2 days. After that it's no problem. I pay $10 a month for my baclofen and am so happy that I can. I'm hoping that I'll get the lyrica for free from the company now since my hubs isn't making much money. I really can't afford the $70 a month it's costing to take 1 pill a day. *sigh* Why can't they make all meds affordable so we don't have to choose food or meds!

Hugs,

Karen

Closed Thread