It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

rsdinme HB User
Workman Comp Questions

Has anyone on Workman's Comp been able to get any services paid for like getting your toenails trimmed up every few months? Also your fingernails done too? Believe me I am not looking for a free Manicure It is impossible for me to clip my finger nails because my hands shake so bad, plus my finger tips are so cracked and torn I can't bear it.My toe nail are so thick it takes a special set of clippers to get these babies cut!
I live in NJ but my Workman Comp case is out of California so I'm sure it might be somewhat a bit of a problem..Thanks for any help you can offer.

eunie

Old 12-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
(female)

tigerlily11 HB User
Re: Workman Comp Questions

Hi rsdinme,
Have you asked your doctor to get approval for medically necessary pedicure and manicure services? If your doctor presents it that it is a problem for you and can cause injury, by cutting your toe accidently because your toenails are to thick from the RSD to trim them yourself, or you can possibly cut your finger tips because your fingers shake, then maybe you would get approval from worker comp. I had the same concern about cutting my toenails. The circulation is compromised with RSD and i was afraid to cut my toenails..I went to a local nail care place where I know they sterilize their equipment and I explained to the owner that I need a toe nail trim without the risk of being cut because of a medical problem. She was very understanding and only charged me 5 dollars for a toe nail trim...she was very cautious and didn't trim them very short. Make sure it's someone you know and trust.. Good luck !
Tigerlily xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread