It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

havefaith91 HB User
CRPS II and sex

Does anyone else with RSD/CRPS experience an intense increase in pain during sex? I'm not that comfortable going into much further detail until I know whether or not I'm the only one with this aversion. I'm supposed to be in my sexual prime right now but it's one of the last things that I find myself willing to do because I'm afraid of the extra amount of pain. UGH!!

Thanks for reading this!
Jenn

The Following User Says Thank You to havefaith91 For This Useful Post:
randie779 (07-25-2012)
Old 05-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

harmony85 HB User
Re: CRPS II and sex

Jenn,

I have heard of people having the same kind of problems. Myself included have had a decreased amount in wanting to even engage in sexual activities. I have done some research but there isn't much out there when it comes to this disease it self and being able to have healthy sexual activities. It is a touchy subject so I don't want to go into much detail but I would first recommend talking with your partner about this issue. You may also want to experiment with different positions or techniques. The bad part is the body naturally gets stimulated during the process and can create pain during the activities. I'm not sure about which body part you have that has the rsd but you may want to try a heated sleeve like a hunting sock to help keep the area warm. I know keeping my leg warm helps to decrease the pain. If you have any more questions please ask away.I will try and answer them to the best of my capabilities.
Deanne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
(female)

havefaith91 HB User

Deanne ... I hate to say this ... but ... YAY! Someone understands!!! (Sorry!) Unfortunately, I'm one of the 'full-body-sufferers'. My partner is RSD-clueless! We've been together for 2 yrs. He refuses to learn about the disease and he blames me for not wanting him and he also claims that he's inedequately equipped to satisfy me. I'm just tired of spending more time stroking his ego (no pun intended) than taking care of myself. At least I now know that it's not my fault and that I'm not alone! I know what I have to do now and it requires being alone for awhile. Thanks for your compassion!

Jenn

Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
(female)

hdladyred HB User

Jenn,
I'll chime in also. It can be extremely frustrating to want to have the closeness and intimacy of "making love" but to know that the "sex" act will cause pain - funny how we can separate those things isn't it? Any intense emotion is guaranteed to set my CRPS off into a flare - and I never thought I'd complain about my sweetie being so wonderful physically/intimately but there are just some nights that I just wish he wasn't (and I can't believe I just typed that!) I am appreciating him more and more when I read what you wrote though. I'm wondering though. with full body; if soaking in a spa or a tub with Epsom salts before could help you out? I'm willing to think outside the box and brainstorm with you - but would rather take it to PM if we're going to get much more personal!
Take Care (of Yourself - not the clueless one)
Lissa

Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
(female)

havefaith91 HB User

Lissa,
Thank you!! I would really appreciate a brainstorming session!! I have NO idea how to do the personal message thing though.

I do know what you mean. I can't believe I put this personal of a message on the board, but I'm SO freaking frustrated and my doc is of no help!!

If you can get me to PM, I'm there!!

Thanks,
Jenn

Old 05-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

US miss HB User

I wouldn't know about the pain. All I can say is I don't even want to be touched. I'm single and figure since I have this lovely disease I should get used to it. I figure I should start collecting cats, but wait, I'm allergic. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want it. LOL

alice

Old 05-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
(female)

hdladyred HB User

Jenn,
I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond - not the best week. Anyway - you may or may not be able to turn on PM - but the directions are in the FAQ postings - I don't know how much you know about computers so I'm going to answer this like you know a bunch and if I need to explain more - let me know. Look at the top of the screen between the "Health Boards" banner and the search box - there are FAQ's there - go to the FAQ's and type "Private Message" when you get the results approx. 5 or so entry's down there is an announcement that Private Messaging has been turned on and the steps to enable it for yourself. Now, I'm not sure but some boards don't allow "newbie" members to have this functionality - that you would have to send a note to the administrator for. I hope this enough detail - my brain has refused to function through the pain for the past week -but I do want to talk to you about this. Give it a try - I can give more detailed instructions if this isn't enough... I hope that you are having a wonderful day...
Lissa

Closed Thread