It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

maluza HB User
Just diagnosed two months ago, need help, please!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Martha and I was diagnosed just two months ago wit RSD. I just will like to share my story and mabe get some advice.
I was in an accident back on Feb. 08 (not my fault) and have neck injury an right shoulder injury....I immediately started with PT and my neck started to get better ( have two buldging disks and a staigth neck) but my shoulder never did, I had my first shoulder surgery on 07/10/08, the surgeon cleaned up my bursa as it was very imflamed and i had bone spurs, after that my shoulder froze...I have had three more surgeries since to correct that as I developed a lot of scar tissue, I can barely move my arm, is completely stiff and no matter how many suregeries I have had it keeps scaring...I do PT now twice a week (have never stop PT since the accident), the pain is horrible it has got worst than better and I cant sleep at night I was working a full time and a week ago after 8 years of working full time for this company I sadly had to tell my boss I could not do it anymore and started working parttime, actually 25 hours to keep my benefits (insurance) two months ago my surgeon sent me to see a neurologist to see if there was some nerve damage that was not letting my shoulder heal correctly, she (neurologist) is also a pain managment doctor, so i went to see her and thank God she put me is a program of medicines that are working about 80% Lyrica, Oxycontin CR and oxycodone for the brakethrough pain, and now neurontin...they all seam to be working for me with no side effects, then she sent me to see an anesthesiologist to see if I had RSD as my pain is so horrible when im not on the meds that I can barely do anything but cry, so he saw me and determine I have RSD because of my sympthoms, horrible pain in my whole arm including my hand and the right side of my neck, my whole arm (hand, forearm, upper arm shoulder) is pale compare to my other arm, is very very white, numbness, tingling, burning that now is spreading to my upper back, very dry skin and weird looking, like broken and shiny and I have a weird looking sore in my under arm (armpit) that gets very red (like pure flesh and hurts so much) and itches a lot and it get better after acouple days but again it starts itching and burns and peels a lot, I have had three stellate ganglion blocks but they have barely help only like a day or so......I'm so sorry this is taking so long it is my first time in this board....anyways all my doctors say I have RSD but my PT girl says I dont because I do not have the sensitivity to the touch and the swelling.....its this the case? do I need to have sweling and sensitivity to touch to have RSD? I'm very confused now....please I will really appreciate some advice and help, i'm very sad and depressed because of this, my life has change so drastically, I'm affraid this is spreading as I said before I have very strong burning in my upper back...help please...can anyone help me! thank you so much for listening to me, Martha

The following user gives a hug of support to maluza:
Grace and Peace (06-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: Just diagnosed two months ago, need help, please!!!

Hello Martha and welcome to the boards, sorry to hear about what you're going through. It is very tough in the begining especially how RSD can turn your whole world upside down in a matter of no time. Just because you don't have the sensitivity issues and swelling doesn't mean you don't have it. All of us have different symptoms, I don't have a whole lot of swelling or color changes like some do. I can sympathize with you on the issue of your arm and shoulder becoming frozen. My left arm is locked in the position where my left hand touches my left shoulder and the only time I can extend it is to put my clothes on. My shoulder and arm are like this due to both RSD and Cervical Dystonia which is severe and uncontrolable musles spasms of the neck.

I lose the use of my left arm 6 yrs ago and I only have about 30% usage of my right arm as well. It was tough in the begining and I did alot of crying over the fact that I had lost the use of it. I suffered through alot of muscles spasms of my neck and shoulder and sharp pain running down my arm. So my heart goes out to you and hopefully you will find a good doctor who will help you. Especially since you're in the first stages of the horrible condition. As I said before I know what you're going through but evidently it will get better. After suffering with Cervical Dystonia for 4 yrs when the 5 yr rolled around, I finally quit having those unexpected muscles spasms. The bad thing is all the muscles on both sides of my neck are hard as bricks and my left shoulder is higher than the other one. Also it looks as though the top of shoulder is pulled to the right side and kinda sticks out front. So I wish you the best and don't give up hope.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

RSD affects everyone differently. Don't listen to the PT person!! Your doctors, who've already diagnosed you, are LOTS more knowledgeable than she is.

You do NOT have to have swelling and sensitivity to touch to have rsd. You have all the other "classic" symptoms, unfortunately. Case in point, Me. :-D I did not have sensitivity to touch for the first 3 years. I did have sensitivity to air. I had massive swelling for the first 4 months or so. I learned to walk again and it disappeared! It hasn't been back since. It's been over 6 years now. I do have some minor swelling in my ankles and my knees, but it's no big deal. My skin is so dry it flakes off constantly and no lotion can touch it. My skin is weird looking, have sores and/or red spots all over my body. I have permanent "goosebumps" on both legs top to bottom and on my forearms too and on my face. It's weird when I rub my skin but *shrugs* that's rsd for you.

Listen to what your Doctors say to you. They are the ones who count. Too many PT's think they know it all about rsd and know nothing, don't keep up with current guidelines or research. I'm glad you found us and are here to answer all of your questions. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. :-)

Hugs,

Karen

The following user gives a hug of support to Gaollan:
Nscot7 (02-20-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaollan For This Useful Post:
Grace and Peace (06-14-2011)
Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User

Welcome! Sorry for the circumstance, but welcome. There are a lot of ignorant people out there when it comes to this illness. Please listen to Dr's over PT's. Everyone is different with RSD. I can walk, I look completely "normal," but I have pretty close to full body. You would never know if you saw me. I luckily got diagnosed early so my legs/arms don't go purple or black or have extreme swelling. I swear I look completely fine. I am emphasizing because people don't get what I am going through. Everyone is different. Hang in and be strong. It is hard to handle when you are first diagnosed, but your life can still be good. Take it one day at a time.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:06 AM   #5
(female)

maluza HB User

Hi, everyone
thank you soooo much for you replies, I really did not think someone will answer so soon.

your words of encouragement mean the world to me, thank you so much.

I thank god I found this board, I read it since the moment I got up and the moment I go home which is about 130 in the afternoon and my husband tells me to stop reading so much, It took a lot for me to decide to post my story...I can't belive there are sooo many people out there with this condition, I have never heard about it before I was diagnosed, so I tell my husband that Knowledge (reading here) it's what gives me hope. So I just want to thank you all for your replies.

Ok, I will stop listenisng to my PT and trust my docs. thank you popstarrdiva, and thank you for welcome me here. I'm so sorry to hear that you are almost full body...how do you know when it is spreading? because I have started to feel a lot of burning acrossed my upper back and my right knee...is that mean is spreading? can it spread this fast after my diagnosis? My first surgery was in July/08...could it be I had it since then and nobody realise it then? I have been struggling with this horrible pain since then....I don't know just a thought.

I do have sensitivity to the air like you Karen and I'm cold all the time...I'm always in my patio because I can NOT stand cold and I have two teenagers that are hot all the time, so my air conditioners is always very cold and in my office im always wearing a sweater (I leave in FL, pleople look at me like are you sick or crazy wearing a sweater in this wheather?)....my skin especially in my shoulder is starting to feel just like you explained, like goosebumps....that is it!!!!!! oh my God!!!....I could not put a word to that feeling before but now you have enlighten me...thank you so much.

Rayefaye, I'm so sorry to heard that you loose the use of your left arm and your right is that bad too...My heart goes out to you too....my right arm is just like yours, about 30% of usage, I can also only touch about the top of my left one and my range of motion is almost nothing especially in the back is 0% and I have no muscle left back in my scapula and the top of the shoulder....is the lack of mobility and the fact that does not want to get better no matther how much PT I do and so many surgeries now (4) due to the RSD? Because nobody seems to tell me why my arm (shoulder ) does not heal correctly

I thank God for this board and for you guys that really care and understand; I hope we can continue talking here and I hope to all of you the best, what you do in this post helps so many people, I whish a pain free day to all of you....like you said popstarrdiva...one day at a time!

Thank you so much....Martha

Old 07-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Martha, yes the lack of mobility is the reason you're losing muscle strength. Especially if like in my case were everytime I would try and extend my arm, pain would shoot up my arm. I still remember the first time my arm experience it, it was like someone had snapped my arm into. Everytime I would move it any it was extremely painful and I went to the Urgent Care but they didn't find no reason for my arm to re-act that way.

I never realize that Cervical Dystonia had done started working on the right side of my neck. I got that from severe whip lash almost 20 yrs ago. The muscles started getting tight on the right side of my neck and then started pulling the left muslces over to the right side. It also pulled on the muscle in the top part of left arm. Then eventually the pain started in my left arm which was due to severe nerve damage caused by an accident 25 yrs ago.

I was in a bad car accident which broke my right arm into and caused the turn signal to go through my left hand. I still to this day have the whole in the middle of my hand and along with that alot of nerves got severed. Apparently when they grew back, they grew by incorrectly so to speak which causes them to misfire. So there's where I got the RSD from

Fortunately, I recently completed a rehab work assignment at the local vocational rehab center and learned that I can actually do a little something still. My hands are still in good shape and I found there are some jobs that I can do. For the last 3 months now I've been working at a local fast food place where I work in the lobby. I only put in about 20-24 hrs a week but I enjoy doing it. I didn't think I would ever work again but I'm doing it. My kids kept telling I needed to get out of the house and do something or at least try since I have along time since there's no recovery from this.

I have to agree with Karen, I wouldn't worry about what the PT girl said. Besides she's not no doctor but if you're not satisfied with the way this one handles your condition, you always have to option to find one who will.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #7
(female)

RoseinSanDiego HB User

Hi Martha,
First off, welcome to the boards. This is a wonderful place for support no matter how bad we feel, no matter how much we hurt.
RSD isn't fun at all. I was diagnosed in September of 07 from a foot surgery. I am working 15 hours a week (the same as before the surgery) but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't hurting pretty badly. I think you'll find out that a very common medicine is neurontin and also lyrica, along with numerous pain meds. Some are even on pumps for severe pain.
I am seen by an RSD doctor and neurologist once in a while. In the beginning, I saw the RSD doc frequently to make sure I was doing ok on the meds and stuff. I do have side effects from the meds but I the medicine is important. Recently, because of the amount of meds I'm on, they've begun to draw my blood once a month to make sure all my numbers are ok. I used to walk 4-5 miles pretty much every other day, sometimes everyday but I don't do that anymore. I try not to dwell on the stuff that I can't do -- Instead, I concentrate on the things I can do. I can walk, I can work 15 hours a week (I'm contracted 15 hours in the classroom and I really like it because it allows me time to be at home with my daughter) and I'm still the same person on the inside even though I've gained substantial weight cuz of the meds.
Like I said, there's terrific people here on this board. We can all share our own experiences, our fears -- things like that.
It sounds like you've got a good doctor who is aware of RSD. If you're feeling a bit down or depressed, try and get support for it. We are all here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a weel.
Take good care, and write back, ok?
Deb

Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #8
(female)

maluza HB User

Hello rayefaye and deb;

thank you so, so much for you replies, it means the world to me. I'm so sorry Deb and rayefaye that you are dealing with this horrible disease too.

Rayefaye; I feel for you as your story is really a hard one, I'm glad you are working on getting better and congratulations on completing your Rehab Work Assigment (YEA!!!!!).

I'm also working now 25 hours a week, to be able to keep my benefits; it was the hardest decision for me to tell my boss (who is an angel) after working with him for 8 years...that I need it to work only half time as I was his right hand for many years.....but my health righ now is more important. I could not work a full time anymore. the last two weeks where the hardest as the pain has become worst and worst and by 2pm I was in tears. So I now can go to my numerous doctors appointments and PT without feeling guilty of taking so much time of work...which was one of the issues of my depression. I'm doing better now that I have the time to rest and see all my docs and do my treatment without feeling guilty.

are you taking meds to control the pain? has your RSD spread? how do you control the pain? what were your symphtoms?

I hope to hear from you soon, and I wish you the best day ever free of pain.

Deb, thank you so much to take the time and share your story with me, and to welcome me her,it meant a lot to me and i'm sorry you have to deal with so much pain. this is the best thing that could has happend to me is to have found this place, so many people like you and everyone that took that time to answer my post....thank you to all of you, from the bottom of my heart.

are you taking neurontin and lyriica? I heard you gain weight with these, is that the case? what do you take for the pain? I understand neurontin and lyrica are for the nerve and burning sensation which I have so much of it, now moving to my upper back...does that mean is spreading? how do you know when this beast is spreading? I also have one spot the size of my hand in my upper back that is completely num and it itches, I did not have that a couple months ago...it itches so much but it is not like a sore is just num and itches a lot....have you ever heard of this?

I'm so sorry for all the questions, I'm just rying to learn as much as I can.

Also, i'm currently seeing my ortho surgeon, neurologist and a anestesiologist....who is an RSD doctor?

Deb, again thank you soooo much for your help.

I hope I will hear from you again
I wish everyone a good day, free of pain and full of happines.

Martha

Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
(female)

hdladyred HB User

Martha,
Welcome to the board, I'm just sorry that it is for this terrible reason. You're getting great advice from everyone here -you're going to learn that we all experience this terrible disease differently. There are very few hard and fast rules - one of the things that I doubt that you will need to be warned about since you are always cold is NEVER use ice on your RSD limbs for any reason - and don't let your PT try to force you either. I often use a heating pad or one of those homeopathic buckwheat or such bags that you heat in the microwave and then put on my feet/legs. (I'm lower body - started out with my right foot but am now almost full body)

If you have questions, I'm very open about pretty much anything and I'm always willing to answer any question that you might have - and I worked in and around health-care my entire career before I had to stop working due to RSD. I started as an EMT/Paramedic many years ago and then worked in Patient Safety and then was just shy of taking my boards to become certified as a Physician Assistant - I am not one - and don't feel comfortable giving "clinical advice" but freely give answers and am more than willing to point you in any direction you may wish to be helped with and/or to help with the medical to English translation that I feel our health-care system is often sadly lacking.

On a more light note - Karen has forgotten to mention that she is our "Mayor" and she stands up for all of us and has a great set of what to expect now that you have RSD written out - so if you've not already read that - and need a giggle - please be sure to find it - it will help. Something that all of us have learned is that even with the most supportive and loving family support system in the world, having each other out here in cyberland is absolutely necessary - sometimes we just need someone who just 'gets it' on that day without having to say much more than 'I just really hurt more than a 10 today' because that STUPID pain scale really doesn't apply to us - what was a 10 2 years ago is probably only a 3 to me now and that is another one of those things that we all learn and adjust and deal with... but we all have each other to ask, laugh, talk with, learn, love and most importantly just be with when we need each other so mostly - this is my long winded way of saying - Welcome.
Lissa

Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #10
(female)

tigerlily11 HB User

Hi Martha,
Welcome to the boards and as everone has already said, there is a lot of heartfelt and knowledgeable support here...people who really understand because we share in one way or another (or in many ways!) the physical and emotional pain you are feeling...

When I was first diagnosed, I was in a panic and shock and it was terrible..I was emotionally paralyzed and felt so alone and frightened..
In time, this will lessen as you learn more and as you get more accostumed to this drastic and overewhelming change in your life.

It sounds as though you have a good team of doctors who are on top of it in trying to control your pain. I am wondering if they can add a topical cream or lidocain patches to give you a little more relief on your back..

You might ask your docs about getting you some emotional support as well with a pain psyche therapist..this is very helpful if you can connect with a person you can relate to well...

Thinking of you as you go through these first few months..things will get better!
Hugs, from Tigerlily xo

Old 07-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
(female)

maluza HB User

Dear Tigerlily11 and Lissa;

I want to thank you (and everyone who has reply) very much for your comments, it really means the world to me that you take the time to welcome me and answered to my post.

Right now I feel like I have accepted my condition (a little) and I'm doing as much as I can to take care of it. it is so amazing how your life can change completely in a such a short time. The thing that is really bothering me right now is how to deal with my family, I feel like they don't really understand this condition and like they get tired of listening to me complaining, so I try not to say anything anymore. Also they do not know how this condition affects us and when I try to explain to them is like they cut me off and change the subject....I feel like they do not belive how much in pain I am.

Also, today I had PT and my therapist told me that my arm is scarring again and getting stiffer again, she said its really bad...so that got me very sad and depress. I will see my neurologist next tuesday to get results of a nerve conduction test that my surgeon requested, and then on wednesday I will see my surgeon and on thursday my anestesiologist.....this desease makes your life so busy with docs and PT appointments all the time....I'm so exhausted, mentally and phisicaly...

I have a couple questions that I hope you can help me with. Tigerlily11 and Lissa I'm taking advantage of your offer, I hope this is not too much....sorry

1. How do you know when RSD is spreading? I have been having horrible burning in my upper back and my right knee, this is all new, I only had the burning, the pain, the change in color (my arm is very pale in comparison to the other one and very cold) and the temperature change in my shoulder, scapula, bicep, forearm and hand. does this mean it's spreading?

2. I have a spot the size of my hand in my right middle back right next to the spine that is num, completely num and it itches a lot...it is not like an open sore it's just num and itches. Has anyone heard of this before?

3. I read that you get skin sores from RSD/CRPS.....I have had for a couple moths now a, I don't know how to call it...maybe a sore in my armpit that again irches a lot...etc. but in difference with the spot in my back this ones hurts, peels off, burns and it gets somethimes so bad that it looks like pure flesh and after about a week it gets better, and the cycle continues....gets bad and get good...but it is always there even when it dries and heals still pills a lot and looks like a big spot of very dry skin. also my legs skin has gotten so dry and broken and shiny and it peels like when you have dandruff but on your legs and arm (the bad one-right) but no swelling, only occasionally.

Again, sorry for how long this is taking, I just want to learn as much as I can and I feel this is the only place you can get real answers because the doctors just look at it and say nothing much, like just put this cream on or I don't know what it could be....etc.

Last question (promise)

4. who is the RSD/CRPS specialist? is it a anestesiologist? is it a rheumatologist, is it an orthopedic surgeon, neurologist????

Tigerlily11, I do have the lidocaine patches, but they help very little. I still used them. A little is better than nothing. I also started to see a phyche therapist...I will see her again also on Tuesday.

Lissa I'm using the one that you put in the microwave and that also helps a little, I also have a jacuzzi tub in my bathroom and I get in often as it helps me a lot with the pain and also it relaxes me, and I do get how you feel about the stupid pain scale

thank you so much in advance for your help. I thank God I found you guys...

I wish you all the best and apain free day...hugs and kisses, Martha

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gaollan HB UserGaollan HB UserGaollan HB User

It's hard when family won't listen, but getting them to read about what rsd and trying to get them to understand as much as they can helps. A doctor can help get through sometimes where you can't. If any of your docs is willing bring someone to at least one appointment with you and have the doc explain a bit.

1. I knew my rsd spread because of several things. 1) The pain. There is no other pain like it and no reason for that body part to be hurting. When the pain did not stop and wasn't lessened by over-the-counter meds, I knew. It was quickly followed by color/temp change as well so no question. I don't burn all the time, but when I had burning flare up somewhere then I also knew it spread.

RSD spreads most of the time, there's no way to know how quickly it may or may not spread since our bodies work different. I was pretty much full body at 11 months and was completely full body by the end of year 3. In my non medical condition it sounds to me as if it's creeping into your back which isn't unusual considering it's in your arm/shoulder already. The right knee...*shrugs* All you can do is document when it burns, if there is pain, what the weather is like, what you were doing. It's a good idea to do that for your rsd part everyday. A pain diary gives you a clear picture of what makes your pain flare and can help the doc see clearly what is going on with you day to day.

2. RSD can cause numbness. I would bring this up with your doc to be investigated. It's all to easy to blame it all on RSD and it could be something completely different. Itching with rsd is common.

3. I've gotten sores from the get go. Yours sounds like an rsd related thing. Our whole body is affected by rsd and that includes our immune system which will delay healing. Have you showed it to your doc? There are creams and stuff that may help it.

RSD causes skin to get very dry and look shiny. My legs and arms and well my whole body from head to toe is flaking off skin everywhere! lol I only have minor swelling issues. You don't have to have an arm or leg blow up like a balloon. My one leg did at first but quit after I learned to walk again.

A "specialist" is any doc who is VERY knowledgeable about RSD. Knows what it can and can't do to us and doesn't look at you like you've lost a few rocks when you tell him/her things that are going on and that you're feeling. It just happens that most of the time that person is usually a pain doc/anesthesiologist.

Hope this all helps and DO NOT be sorry about asking questions, ever! You need/want to know and that's the way to do it. It's why we are here.

I'm going to bump something I wrote up for you. It's called "You Have RSD Now What". I'll warn you now, it's humor only!!! It is not intended to be a serious guide but read it once a day for a laugh. Laughter helps. :-)

Hugs,

Karen

Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #13
(female)

maluza HB User

Dear Karen:

Thank you very much for your help. and thank you for answered all my questions it really means the world to me. I do not know what I have done if I wouldn't have found you all and this board. thank you Karen from the bottom of my heart

After reading your anwsers I'm convence my RSD is spreading, because my joints are hurting very much and also my back as I mentioned before, my legs skin is so broken, shiny and dry (peeling) also my bad arm....not too happy about this, but...what can you do...I just hope I don't became an inconvenience to my family... :-(

Thank you again and I hope to continue talking to you all....
Martha

i

Last edited by moderator2; 07-31-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: disallowed

Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Martha, sorry it took so long to answer back, I've been busy here lately. I am on pain meds to control the pain in fact, I'm still taking the same kind of meds first prescribed for me. The dosage is the only thing that has changed like for instance I started out taking 600mg of Neurontin and I now take 3600mg. As far as the RSD spread is concerned there's not really any spot on my body that is affected by RSD, I even have it on my scalp. I almost lost all my hair before I was finally dx'd and I had real long hair beforehandl. My hair has finally started growing out long like before. As far as what type of pain I suffer from, I suffer alot of throbbing and sharp pain in the worst effected area which is my left shoulder and arm. I also suffer alot of burning pain in my neck and in my feet as well. My current medications are Neurontin 3600 mg a day, Norco 10-325 5 x a day and Soma 350mg 4 x a day to help prevent the spasms in my neck and shoulder. I also take Celebrex for arthritis as well. Also this job has been helping me out as well, I think it helps keep my blood circulation to move all around. I also take 2mg of Valium for the anxiety which really helps. I hope this answers some of your questions, if you have anymore just ask and I'll try to help answer them for youl.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
(female)

maluza HB User

Dear Rayefaye;

Thank you so much for your reply, don't be sorry I know people have a life too...

I'm so sorry to hear that you got it full body....I think I'm heading on that direction....My hair is also falling like crazy and this week has been the most horrible I have had so far....I'm in so much pain, not even the painkillers helping at all.....I opened today a new thread called (misspelled, sorry) "numness in upper back...please help!!!". there I'm explaining what I'm going through this week....I will explain here to you, maybe you can give me some advice as you are the expert... :-(

As you know, my RSD started by shoulder surgery (right) four done now, and Wednesday my surgeon told me I need another surgery....anyways, my RSD started in my right arm, but about 2 months ago, by the time I was dx with RSD I notice a numb, itchy, burning spot in my right upper back (size of my hand)....I did not pay to much attention to it, but....about a week ago I notice another spot in my front right upper chest, above the breast by your collar bone also numb, burning but not itchy, again I did not pay to much attention to it but started to concern me a little....then yesterday I started again feeling the itchy, burning sensation on the upper left side of my back....I started to scratch to find that it was also numb....now all my upper back is numb including the skin covering the spinal cord...now I am really concerned....earlier today about 10pm all of my back including my buttocks started to burn incredibly horrible like you have been on the sun for a long time and you have a terrible sun burn.....I also can not touch my back it is too sensitive it hurts when I touch it or even when my shirt moves it hurts so bad....now about twenty minutes ago I notice my left side of my head (scalp) is feeling also like the sun burn and also can not pass my fingers through my hair and I have a really bad headache starting with my eyes also burning and hurting so bad that I have been putting rewetting eyedrops for the contacts because they are getting dry every minute.....I'm really scared...what I'm going to do? what if this pain don't stop? how long is this going to last? the painkillers are not helping? am I going to have to go to the ER if this gets worst? please help me....I need to hear from someone, please!!!!

Closed Thread