It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
(male)

Scrufysdad HB User
Post Operative Care for a RSD patient

Hello my fellow RSDers! I know that alot of you have been reading up on my previous post "Ben & the stim part 2". Well, guess this is going to be part 3 and a doozie of a thread after you all read this one. As you are aware of my situation regarding the removal of stim unit and problems so far associated with my follow up; well it seems that my one area on my back is not healing as expected. Now I was told if it was red, purplish around the site it could be a hematoma. It isn't! Whew! It is, though, somewhat forming some kind of "knot" under the scar. I've called the surgical center that performed the surgery, spoke to the dr and just to keep everyone updated.....the dr isn't concerned. His tech is more concerned then he his. I was told if I was getting the shivers (which I have since day one), running a fever (which I have off and on since day one) and the area wasn't getting any better then to call the office.............per the tech. I did it! He even took it on himself to contact me a couple of times just to check up. Well, after speaking to him like three times he said he would speak to another dr on staff. He won't get involved! He went back to the original surgeon and he said if I was having a problem go to my primary or an urgent care facilty. WHAT?! This is W/C and we all know we don't have the ability to go there without proper authorization. I explained that to the tech. He was like caught in the middle. He went back to the dr explaining that info and the dr basically said "I did my part, I am no longer responsible! Tell him to contact someone else." Can you belive this? I was just jaw dropped stuck! Once I regained some sense back I explained to the tech that if an infection developes, I die...my family will sue the hell out of the practice and dr for no post operative care after a surgical procedure. That dr is responsible for me and my welfare. If I had to I will contact the AMA and tell them that he is not holding true to his oath of Medicine. So now I am fighting for my rights as a patient because a dr feels that all he did was a procedure and wipes his hands clean of me. I should go see someone else to evaluate me after this....who in their right mind will even want to touch someone elses patient after surgery? No one will!

So here we are again with the tribulations of a RSD patient. I can't stand it anymore. I'm just fed up with these dr who show little care, concern, do a surgery, take the money and run.......leaving us poor victims on the curb to die! Only my feelings not that of the establishments! So I can't not offer any pain free days on this post. sorry. I will see what you all have to say.
Ben

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

harmony85 HB User
Re: Post Operative Care for a RSD patient

Scrufysdad,

I was reading past posts and noticed that it has been some time since you have posted. Is everything alright in your world? I hope the rsd isn't knocking you down to much.
I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble with w/c. I can relate. My case will be open for 3 years this spring. 3 YEARS. It can be so frustrating. The do's the don'ts, the doc visits and keeping up with all the changing paper work.
Some times it's frustrating because they don't care if you are having a really bad day and have had to take LOTS of pain pills and just want to sleep. When they call or send letters you have to comply. It's so frustrating keeping it all together.
I not only have l and i but the company I used to work for when I got hurt are self insured so I have two claim managers. Everything is double the amount in paper work and phone calls. No 1 800 numbers either.lol
Stay positive. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you are doing better and are getting the help you need. Love to see you on the boards more
Take care and stay warm,
Deanne

Closed Thread