It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
(female)

lori90 HB User
numbness and rsd

I have had rsd for over a year now. It started in my ankle from a bad sprain and now I have it in other parts of my body as well. Since then, I have developed a lot of pain in my heels accompanied by permanent numbness in parts of my heels and the numbness seems to be spreading very slowly. Could this be caused by rsd or some other foot condition?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

harmony85 HB User
Re: numbness and rsd

Could be the rsd. I get that some times. Things will feel as if I got a shot of Novocaine. It could be nerves that are getting pinched. Do you have a lot of swelling? All that swelling can cause numbness too. I would ask the doctor to take you seriously and check it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User

I am suffering from numbness too. Weird! It started in my legs (where the rsd is) but then went into my right arm, then my left and my face where I now have RSD too.... I would think that it is a weird MS-ish symptom as I do not really have a lot of swelling and RSD is a LOT more common in people w RSD then not..... I am happy to have numbness though as it reduced my pain in my legs to only a 1 or 2 on the pain scale and about a 7-8 from a 10+ in my upper body....hmm interesting

Old 11-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
(female)

luvlifeagain HB User

Thats weird because i have rsd in arm, shoulder and part of scapula and just had a SCS trial implant and since it was removed i have numb feeling on my back. I thought it was just from implant, but maybe it's part of the RSD. Don't know.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

harmony85 HB User

lori90,

I do think it could be related to the rsd. I do have numbness. Especially when the rsd sends me into a flare up. My rsd is in my left leg from hip down. I do have permanent numbness is a very small part of my knee and my toes will go numb off and on.
It could be because of swelling and or pinched nerves. Especially if the swelling is cutting off nerves and blood to flow like it should. It would be something to talk to your doctor about. I'm unsure as to if there is anything the doctors can do for you since treatments like that are hard when it comes to rsd.
Hope you are able to get some answers and well needed relief.
Take care and stay warm,
Deanne

Closed Thread