It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

US miss HB User
Depression

What do you do for your depression?

I'm not talking a bad day, I'm talking about a deep dark pit you can't climb out of, want to die and are disappointed when you wake up in the morning and aren't dead depression.

I see a psychiatrist he keeps suggesting a mental hospital and I ask what is that going to do but get me more medical bills I can't afford. My psychologist "divorced" me because I can't handle the runaround from my insurance company anymore. You might have seen my rant about that in another post.(You should also see the number of calls on my cell to make sure he got paid) I'm never going to trust another one after that. I just got to the point of trusting that one and to be yelled at over the counter not to come back and stay away from all of my partners too has left a very bad taste in my mouth about the whole therapy thing.

I have to go off my pain meds due to the fact they are causing seizures and I'm looking at the rest of my life with no pain control since I think I've used up every option. After the seizures and possible strokes, I'm not putting a stimulator in and ruling out the possibility of an MRI ever again.

Absolutely nothing at this point looks like it will ever change.

edited

Just wondering what you guys do when your mind takes you down those dark paths and how you deal with it or am I the only crazy one here? And yes, I'll admit to being crazy, I've even tried to get myself declared a ward of the state because I don't know what else to do. They said no dice, you aren't "mentally deficient", their words, not mine.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-29-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: inappropriate comments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User
Exclamation Re: Depression

Geez US Miss that is just terrible.....
I am sorry for your troubles. I am surprised that no one answered here. RSD is such a challenging thing to handle between finances/relationships/criticism + judgement + living w this illness day to day. It has been said that RSD causes psychological problems and it does! It really does and I have had those periods where I feel so overwhelmed and feel like there are times when I cannot handle one more thing again..... I do not believe that you are alone.
Why did the psychologist "divorce" you? That must have been pretty traumatic too.
I hope you are feeling better.....
Hang in there

Old 10-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

lobstergirl HB User
Re: Depression

i am sorry for all your pain and hassle.

edited

your first paragraph hit home with me. that is where i am, sitting on my couch right now.

i want an easy answer but there isn't one. even if i had a "you will get better on X date" i think i would feel better.

<sigh>

Last edited by Administrator; 10-29-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: inappropriate comment

Closed Thread