It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome on "House"

Hi everyone.
I haven't been around + owe a whole lot of responses, but just wanted to mention that CRPS was a differential diagnosis on the new season of "House" last night. I hope some of you caught it. We are chipping away at the ignorance that surrounds us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
(male)

asandl HB User
Re: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome on "House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by popstarrdiva View Post
Hi everyone.
I haven't been around + owe a whole lot of responses, but just wanted to mention that CRPS was a differential diagnosis on the new season of "House" last night. I hope some of you caught it. We are chipping away at the ignorance that surrounds us.
Yes, i saw that. And there was an immediate treatment option offered -- a spinal stimulator. too bad that's not the reality that many people experience -- the slow, difficult path to diagnosis and treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
(female)

RoseinSanDiego HB User

Hi,
I saw CRPS on House too. I think any and all exposure regarding CRPSis a good one because it gets the word out into society. Getting the word out is critical to it becoming known. 20 years ago, MS was pretty unheard of -- Now its in the mainstream.
Heading to work tomorrow so gotta run.
Deb

Old 09-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
(female)

WannaBeFree2 HB User

Played it on hulu today...no mention of crsd... season 6 ...ep 1....."BROKEN" DID i MISS SOMTHING

Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
(female)

RoseinSanDiego HB User

Hello April,
I had written you a whole long post and then it just disappeared so I'll try again.
It was on the season premiere episode. They mentioned CRPS pretty quickly but at least it got mentioned.
Hope everyone is doing ok - hugs,
Deb

Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User

It was like the 2nd episode of House Season 6....
I was watching a rerun from a previous season + they gave House Ketamine for his leg....
Awesome!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
(male)

keith tumblin HB User

My wife and myself have wondered for a long time if House had RSD...it is great to find out.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

harmony85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith tumblin View Post
My wife and myself have wondered for a long time if House had RSD...it is great to find out.

I've wondered that myself too. He walks like I do on a good day. lol Not to mention the "constant pain".
I am glad to see it getting out there more. I think if this disease was a "popular" disease that we'd see more about it and more funding to find better treatments and a cure.
None of my family or friends had ever heard of rsd before I got diagnosed. There needs to be more out there. You always see commercials and interviews,etc about other diseases but not usually about rsd.
It would be great if more people knew what we all go through.

Deanne

Old 10-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
(female)

scioladyohio HB User

I seen that episode of "House" too & have often wondered if that was what was really his problem, too...funny you mention how few know anything about RSD; even several nurses that I've recently run into where my Mom's in a "skilled nursing facility" - several never heard of it & pretty much poo-pooed my explaination of it (or trying to) how crazy is that? oh well...such is life for rsd'rs I guess.

Last edited by scioladyohio; 10-24-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 AM   #10
(female)

popstarrdiva HB User

There seems to be some confusion....House doesn't have CRPS, but one of his patients was first thought to have it then didn't..... In a repeat of a previous season. House was given Ketamine for chronic pain when he was under directed by Cuddy + wakes up w less pain for awhile + then it slowly comes back.......I was sooo excited for the awareness it will bring.

Closed Thread