It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

It is me HB User
spinal cord stimulator questions removal

Has anyone had a removal of the spinal cord stimultar?
What should you know about the removal of SCS?
Recovery time?
What to expect?
Effects, how to deal with the pain which you had relief from the RSD?
The stimulator has been placed 11-2009

THANK YOU
GOD BLESS YOU

Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: spinal cord stimulator questions removal

Hi and welcome. There is one guy I can think of right now who had his SCS removed. His name is Ben...can't think of his username right now, but he did write about having it removed here so maybe you can find the posts/threads. I'll try to find them or at least, his username. Good luck.

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: spinal cord stimulator questions removal

Hi again,

His username is "Scrufysdad," but I can't bump up his thread to the top because it's locked so no one can post to it anymore. If you find one of his threads. I think there is one on the first page (or second), click on his name. On the right, you'll see something to the effect of "Show all statistics." Click on that and then you can click on "Show all threads started by Scrufysdad." A list of all his threads will come up and you'll first see "Ben and the Stim Part 2." Somewhere below that in the list is "Ben and the Stim" which is the start to the saga.

For the short version, I think he did pretty well with the surgery and is happy he removed it. I read in another thread that this is for your daughter who did well with the stim, but has to have it removed for other reasons? I think I have that right .

Hope that info helps. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to help you.

Sharon

Closed Thread