It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

DebDog HB User
Weight Loss in RSD patients

Is it common for RSD patients to have extreme weight loss problems and not be able to eat without having either diarrhea or vomiting?

Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: Weight Loss in RSD patients

Hi DebDog, I have lost extreme weight loss since I've been diagnoised with RSD. Of course there has been a reason besides RSD that caused my weight loss. I had alot of weight loss due to an ulcer. What you're describing could possibly be coming from dehydration or some other issue that is effecting your stomache. The best advice I can give you is to go see your doctor as soon as possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sharon1030 HB User
Smile Re: Weight Loss in RSD patients

Hi,

I absolutely agree with the previous poster. You should see your doc to get your symptoms checked out. Even if that were a common symptom of RSD (I don't think it is a common one though), you should get it checked out anyway. When you have a chronic illness (I have a few), it's very easy to attribute a new symptom to the illness (docs do that too), but you shouldn't do that until all other possible causes can be ruled out. Good luck and I hope you can figure it out and feel better soon.

Sharon

Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
(female)

DebDog HB User
Re: Weight Loss in RSD patients

I have had RSD whole body since 2003 and started losing weight about then. I was gradual at first and it seems to be in a cycle with my pain levels and my amount of sleep. I have trouble eating. I have diarrea(however its spelled) right after I eat now. I started at 135 in 2003 and now 114 but I have maintained that weight since February. I went to my GP and my bloodwork doesn't show that I am anemic. I do take extra Vitamin D and B12 now. I have a Spinal Cord Stimulator (second one in 2006) and due to the weight loss it is moving around and very painful now. I am having surgery to have it moved to stabilize it on June 1st. I hope maybe that will help the pain and help me sleep breaking some of the pain cycles.
DebDog

Closed Thread