It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
(female)

RockOutRSDMom HB User
Cool New here but not to RSD

Hello to all,
I am new here and amazed at all the RSD post. I try to make my way to any group or site that has people with RSD/CRPS on them. So little is known about RSD (although it has been around since the Civil War) people are out there being told they are crazy, there is no such thing, and being shunned by their friends, family, and even doctors.
There are millions of people that suffer with RSD/CRPS, you are not alone. My daughter has had RSD since she was 8 and I also have this monster (for 4yrs). No, I don't think it's heredity more like just our luck. I have been listing to people for the last 11yrs and still do not everything about RSD. I do know there are doctors that think they know everything about RSD. There are people out there that promise a "cure" or treatments that make the RSD worse not better. I do know that RSD does not attack people in the same way. Most important, a positive outlook, and lots of laughing helps a ton when dealing with RSD.
I hope each of you are having less pain days and find many things to smile about.
Peace,
Lorie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
(female)

toughkid HB User
Re: New here but not to RSD

Hi Lorie... it's good that you are reaching out to others with RSD and continuing your search for new info. I've also had it for about 4 years and have realized that while it is important to have a good nedical support team, you should always keep searching for therapies on your own.. new ways to improve your own unique situation. It's kind of like ordering from a menu... some of this and some of that. Good luck to you and your daughter. Lynne aka toughkid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

toughkid HB User
Re: New here but not to RSD

I am SO sorry that you have had to go through this so many times.. it is what we all think about but hope doesn't happen. Mine started in a small area of my hand and is not throughout my hand and arm. Each time I get a needlestick, I wonder if this will be the time it spreads. Doy ou do physiacl therapy either at an office or at home? It seems like those who really push to be as active as posswible have the best results. If there is anything we can do to support you, please let us know. I've found support here and many good suggestions. Good luck..keep on keeping on..Lynne aka toughkid

Closed Thread