It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
(male)

Dannyengland HB User
My Spinal cord implant gave me RSD!

Hi all . Just wanted to share a few things . I had bad spinal damage and had my first spinal cord stimulator implant 4 years ago. The first one worked ok then I got an MRSA in it and had it all removed . Then a few months later had another one put it. As soon as it was in I knew some thing was wrong . I had numbness in my legs and male genitals . Sores all over my legs and penis . The while area goes cold and clammy and the sores open up all the time and nothing heals it at all. It's happening every week now . I've had to have two more implants since as the others conked out . Too much surgery . Too many scrapes to my spinal cord having the new wires put in .
I'm seeing the consultant for the first time tomorrow about this RSD disorder and I'm praying they can help me .

Has anyone else had such symptoms on body parts . It's very upsetting and I just need to talk about it .Thank you all for listening

Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User
Re: My Spinal cord implant gave me RSD!

I dont think its from the SCS.....they are called RSD Liesons...its from cronic sweating and never getting dry.....yeeah! my old gal has issues tooo., feet, legs and hands get those nasty liesons...i use bag balm...you can find it at feed store...its for cows utters but wworks dreat on rsd sores. I just had 2nd perm stim implanted this morning...woah! its painful..ouch....and I was awake the whole time..only epidural and locals for generator......but im doing ok..=just tired........

Peaaaaaace,
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
(male)

Dannyengland HB User
Re: My Spinal cord implant gave me RSD!

Really hope your feeling better after your operation . I was awake through mine too and it was a nightmare and it did hurt like he'll during the placement of the wires . I saw the consultant today and he explained that RSD can effect the blood supply to the nerves and causes change of temperature and the clammy ness I am getting . He thinks it started after my first stimulator was removed . Well ripped out quickly after I got the infection that travelled down the wires.

They are going to start me on Amatryptaline to see if it calms things down also to take steroids when I get an episode.

I will look up that stuff you recommended . Also I read about epidermal growth factor that's used to heal diabetic ulcers used to heal these sores . Yuk all vile . As long as it does not all drop off lol, my luck one day I will wake up and it all will be on the floor next to my bed

Be well and let me know how you are feeling ! Which stimulator did you have this time? I've the medtronic sensor and so far so good

Closed Thread