It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Looking for encouragement, and maybe a little sympathy...

Hey Tina,

About the ice. My PT was the same way. Ice, ice, ice after every session. At first I just didn't like it, but then as the rsd got worse the pain with the ice got worse. Then one day he iced it and it felt like razor blades cutting into my leg. I couldn't stand it at all.

I went home and looked up ice and rsd and found tons of info that it is a big no no. And yes, it causes pain and can make the rsd worse. So next PT session, my PT said he wanted to ice it and I told him what happened and what I read and he laughed at me!!!! I stood firm, no ice.

Well, I wonder if he read up about it because he has never offered to ice it and even said once when it was coming across his mind that he remembered I couldn't use ice. So no more ice for me there. But I think he laughed not because he was making fun of me, but because that's what PT's are taught, ice, ice, ice and for someone to say it is bad is really strange to them. I think most just don't know about the ice. I mean, who would unless you searched out that info to research.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #32
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User

ok this is what i know...cinnamon is a natural antihystomine.. cold makes rsd worse first hand experience as most of us learned the hard ways.. eating fish fresh fruit asparagus , greens helps the nervouse system. mint ingested may help with swelling as well as use as a topical in past or tea for.. green tea helps digestive track.. wheatina helps regulate really goo, pastries such as cakes cookies donuts, dairy foods anything high in sugar is bad for rsd or other nerve damage, garlic , onions help circulation for rsd vascular issues etc, red sauce is good for you alltogether but if too acidy can make your stomach unsettled so caution with how much you ingest.. also with fish foods and garlics onions all good for mind regeneration..here is a biggie red meats are bad for rsd, so for those whom like red meat sorry..lucky me i dnt.but i dont like fish either.. and if you are to have any surgical procedure and you altered uor diet to increase any of this you must make metion of it.... this is what ...i have found out so far..its on a couple of rsd sites.. good luck...and dont let anyone ice you any more..(it hurts) sorry bad joke but my pt tried to ice me once.....once!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #33
(female)

Shelbie HB UserShelbie HB UserShelbie HB User

All that talk of food has made me hungry. I have high cholesterol & my doc told me about stuff called Mila...Salvia hyspanica...you know the CHA CHA CHA Chi pet seed? lol. So I went to nutrition center and got the seed. I put it in everything now. I will have cholesterol checked in 2 months to see if it works. Been on it for over 1 week, only thing is NOW im growing grass out of my.....

Old 05-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #34
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User

this isnt bean sprouts is it?? cause those can be dangerouse for it contains small amounts of poison..of course you would need to eat alot of it but with us you never know?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
(female)

mellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB User

Now I am starving too!! Well I am no food professional (other than eating it) but my cousin introduced me to "organic extra virgin coconut oil" for cooking. Yes, high fat, BUT look it up on line how many health benefits it has for kidneys, liver, high cholesterol, cancer, losing weight,eyes, heart etc. PLUS....you can use is as a lotion and hair conditioner (as I do also) I use it in my morning smoothies!! YUMMEROONY! It is of a crisco consistency at first so for my smoothies I put it in the microwave for a minute to liquify it. But when I use it for lotion, it turns to liquid pretty much as soon as I rub my hands together! So, I roasted some taters in the oven with this stuff on them and WOW! Amazing taste. Can't wait to try it on the grill, if it ever stops raining in NY..So if used at proper serving size for eating it could make tremendous differences for health. Just thought I would share that, oh and by the way my dog (sonnyboy) loves it, he licks it off my legs...I know over share!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #36
(female)

Shelbie HB UserShelbie HB UserShelbie HB User

no painman it's not sprouts, its called Chia Seed,,, the Aztec's first ate this. It says it is higher in Antioxidant activity than blueberries (less cost) Who knows? Didnt the Aztecs die off? JUST kidding. and NOW im gonna go buy some extra virgin coconut oil. Omg coconut oil used in rice? YUM. GEEZ...Ive told my doctor...If you told me to eat some DOG POO ( I didnt say poo, I was crying) I would do it , if it would cure RSD. Funny thing, I used to be a great cook. Now it takes everything out of me (unless I use my pressure cooker). I also forget about the food on the stove or in the oven. My hubby says...YOU CANT do this,,,you will burn the house down. My hubby deserves and needs 2 things in life. Not Air or H2o...he needs a good home cooked meal when he gets home and sex. I love talking about cooking, food and nutrition but I will have to post a question one day on the "How do you still have sex thing". If I CANT even touch my legs,,,,, oh well, nevermind.
You people are amazing and I am so grateful you are here, well,,,not here, but there...lol

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #37
(female)

mellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB User

Lol I rarely cook either any more. It is usually some pre packaged throw in the oven kind of food. I used to make home made sauce every Sunday! My hubby is great about the cooking, he doesn't mind that I don't cook much. He cooks sometimes, we order out (salads) or just throw something together! But the coconut oil is great! I learned a lot about it on line and was shocked at all it had to offer.

The Following User Says Thank You to mellow For This Useful Post:
Shelbie (05-04-2011)
Closed Thread