It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User
Re: ketamine cream

Hi KLana, on Tuesday my doctors office ordered it he said normally it takes a week to get it. That Friday UPS delivered it to my door. It only took 3 days for me. I am in Fl its not to far from AL so maybe thats why I got it so fast I dont know really. I know on wednesday someone from the company called me for my insurance information and to make sure they had the correct address. Thanks for the good luck tomorrow.
Kelly

Old 04-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
(female)

free1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB Userfree1day HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyevans40 View Post
I applied for ssd in feb this year. They sent me for a physical exam with one of their docs. He agreed I have RSD and told me with all of the medical records I have, I should have no prob getting social security. I know he doesnt make the final decision but it was nice to have a Doc who is seeing me for the first time believe me. I go to ssd psych evaluation tomorrow. I am really not too nervous about it and am ready for a face to face vent with someone.Way too go! it is almost over...let me tell you how mine went....The Physc exam is nothing...he will confirm that you not crazy..so too speak but he has already talked to the MD...Now it went back to SSA Office and guees what...DENIAL!!!!!!(4 months later) so, my Lawyer...Oh Heck No! so She appealed (got, court date 6 months later) so now its 14 mos later...went to court, said my piece and even cried The Judge was Awesome! 4 months later, I got $70,000 backpay and the Max Benefits....now im comfortable but the renewal will be up in 11/2012....based on my current condition, I dont see an issue, unless I can rock again...I have some plans in place..like being a P.A. specializeing in Pain Mgt or if RSD just ate the melon then I will do good with my Medical Cannabis Thing...I wanna eventually make HEMP (making love instead of misery)...YUP! Hippy at heart! ....who would have thunk? I hate complaining to my family, I feel so guilty as it is. My son left his residency for physical therapy sports medicine in Ohio to come home and help take care of me and my daughter left her school in Ohio for the same reason. My daughter and son looked up RSD online when I told them what was going on. My daughter read in several places that there is a high suicide risk with people who have RSD and in 2 weeks they were home. I am not suicidal No I am not giving up. My daughter who is 18 watches me like a hawk. She goes everywhere with me. If I am in the bathroom a little to long she is knocking on the door, she goes to every dr appt, and so on and so on. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful children, but I didnt ask them to put their lives on hold for me and told them not to(like talking to a brick wall) Here is where the guilt comes in. They are young 23 and 18 and should be starting their lives be carefree and see the world fall in love fall out of love so on and so on. But they are taking care of me I am married to a wonderful man for 16 years now. He is my childrens step father. My kids love him but I think they feel as though I belong to them and therefore am their responsibility. Oh my gosh ramblin rose here that should be my screen name haha. Anyways I have lots to discuss with this ssd psych. I still have my blue cross blue shield from my short term disability through work, I have been out on short term for 7 months now and it ends may 1st, so does my blue cross blue shield, hopefully my hubbys insurance will kick in by june 1st fingers crossed. Like you I have also worked my whole life well since age 15, I have paid in to ssd my statement say I should get 1700 a month and another 500 for my 14 year old child not as much as I could make if I were still working but everything helps. thanks
Kelly
I am not a SSA Judge but it looks like you are going to get it...dont back down......It is stressful as you know but it gets worse...LOL...true story! Naaaaah! the Docs are worst part and if the MD said it the Shrink will say it too...its all connected....

Peace,
K

The following user gives a hug of support to free1day:
kelly4004 (04-20-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to free1day For This Useful Post:
kelly4004 (04-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyevans40 View Post
Hi KLana, on Tuesday my doctors office ordered it he said normally it takes a week to get it. That Friday UPS delivered it to my door. It only took 3 days for me. I am in Fl its not to far from AL so maybe thats why I got it so fast I dont know really. I know on wednesday someone from the company called me for my insurance information and to make sure they had the correct address. Thanks for the good luck tomorrow.
Kelly
Just heard from them and I should have it in a week! They said one to two days once they compound it. Yes!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User

Oh congrats!!!!!! I love the cream as soon as I put it on I can feel it starting to work after about 5-10 mins I am good full affects numb with a slight warmness yes.
Kelly

Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User

I can't wait. I had a cream compounded by a local pharmacy here and it helped so much. My dr. did say the compound at the AL pharmacy was a bit different so I hope it works the same. I just had a little jar because of the cost and it was like gold. At first I didn't realize how much it helped until I ran low and stopped using it every day. It is as good as the blocks (when they were working). I'll be looking for the fed ex guy!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Okay, the pharmacy in Alabama that I used sent me something called RSD 1% spray. Odd, I thought, but I'll spray it and see if it helps.

OMG!!!!! My burning went through the roof!!! My foot which is usually red/dusky/purplely turned FLAMING RED and I thought the burning before was bad. I called the pharmacy and they would not tell me what exactly was in it, but they did say it didn't have anything the same as my old RX except lidocaine.

So, my 1st cream that I loved, had Ketamine, Amitriptylin, Guanethidine, and lidocaine in it. It worked.

THis crap cost me $88 and for the last hour my foot has been on FIRE worse than ever. Now I look forward to the same old burn. I sprayed it on the other foot and it burned a little, but not to the same extent as my RSD one. I sprayed on my arm (rsd one) and it burned too, but not as bad as the foot (worse symptoms for RSD normally). I don't know what is going on.

SO I called my local pharmacy that did the cream and asked for a refill. It cost me 2x as much, but at lease it worked.

The following user gives a hug of support to K_Lana:
Junie Drewes (04-27-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to K_Lana For This Useful Post:
Junie Drewes (04-27-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

It is still burning today! I went 6 hours yesterday in level 9 pain before I finally took the last bit of my ketamine cream from old pharmacy and put it on foot. It did help some, but now burning is back again and I have no more cream until tomorrow when the refill will be ready.

What were they thinking? I was trying to get rid of the burning pain, not make it worse!

I did find out that the RSD 1% spray has a lot of alcohol in it. THe pharmacist said that could be the cause of the bright red foot and intense burning. Ahhh.... DUH!!! Who puts alcohol in a spray for someone with RSD?

The following user gives a hug of support to K_Lana:
maggietaz (04-28-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #23
(male)

hurting24 HB Userhurting24 HB User

Kelly

Sorry for your pain where they implanted your SCS and hope the cream helps with the pain. How bad is the pain and how soon after you had your SCS done. Is your SCS working well for you.

Reason I ask is my PM Dr. wants to implant a SCS now going on a year now and I told him that what has happen to is what will happen to me and I am done having pain start up in new places. All my other Drs. have told me no more surgery's unless in is a life or death matter. My crps type II has spread in my 2 legs and other arm in the past 2 months. This started in my right hand, and wrist 4 years ago.

Last edited by hurting24; 04-29-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: anding name

Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

Hi hurting,
I really started noticing more that the pain from surgery never went completely away, I just had my scs implanted dec 2010 and revision surgery in jan, Yes my scs works well I am still glad I got it even with the spread to my back. I am at least able to walk around now. hope this helps
kelly

The Following User Says Thank You to kelly4004 For This Useful Post:
hurting24 (04-29-2011)
Closed Thread