It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
(female)

knave HB Userknave HB Userknave HB Userknave HB Userknave HB User
Question on ketamine cream?

I have run across a lot of people mentioning this cream. I am curious on feedback on how well it works and any other information on it. I go see the surgeon who operated on my foot monday, and may wanna ask him about getting some. I don't see a nurologist till late june, so anything I get will be through the surgeon. I would love to releave the burning/pain, even if only a little. As I'm typing at 2 am, i'm sure you understand how little sleep I get. Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm so glad I found this site. The people on it have been wonderful, and the information I have learned has been invaluable. I'm sorry for all of us who have met because of this, and I would rather have never heard the word rsd, but I'm privledged to have met so many wonderful people. I'ts nice to know I'm not alone and there are people who really understand this. I have yet to talk with anyone in person who even have a clue, and sadly that includes my friends and family,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Question on ketamine cream?

Hey there.

I have some, it's a combination of 4 things, ketamine, lidocaine, amatriptyline (sp?) and something with a G. ANyway, you have to get a compound pharmacy to make it. Most PM docs have their own version or pharmacies have their own version that they make up to sell. (by rx)

Ask your dr. if he knows about any. Some people get it from a mail order compound pharmacy, but the one I got my RSD spray (that DID NOT work) woudln't put the ketamine in there because it is a controlled substance. Also, my insurance didn't want to pay for the ketamine either. I believe it is a vet med for anesthesia.

It works okay for me. It worked much better at first. Now I don't know. But I did find that sometimes in the middle of the night when the burning is bad, it can take the edge off.

The Following User Says Thank You to K_Lana For This Useful Post:
knave (05-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User
Re: Question on ketamine cream?

Hi knave, I recently got the cream also mine has ketamine, baclofen,cyclobenzaprine, gabapentin (which is neurotin) and lidocaine. my PM doctor ordered it for me. I got it delivered to my door from UPS it comes from custom pharmacy solution in birmingham, Al. for me this cream works very good. I only use it on my incision sites from my spinal cord stimulator. My RSD spread there after the surgery. I have had no problems with it. Except in the begining because I wasnt washing my hands well enough after applying and got in my mouth made me feel funny, but lesson learned there lol. I would ask about the cream. For me my insurance paid for all but 20 dollars and I got 2 big tubes of it. I hope this helps.
Kelly

The Following User Says Thank You to kelly4004 For This Useful Post:
knave (05-12-2011)
Closed Thread