It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

mellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB User
Zonegran for RSD

Has anybody taken Zonegran for RSD? I thought I read it somewhere b4 and cannot remember where (thank you topamax) I have been on Topamax for exactly a month now and just started getting very dry eyes and weird pain behind my left eyeball, well not really pain, but soreness. Don't need any extra health problems, not to mention I have been "accepting" the never ending itching all over my body. I am upset because I think that the topamax was really helping the burning aspect of my hands.

Please, any input would be helpful!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Zonegran for RSD

I know that k Lana just started taking that as well. I am sure she will see your post in the next day or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to maggietaz For This Useful Post:
mellow (05-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User

Yes! I am on it and doing ok. Tired, but not like Neurontin. Plus, it helps with weight loss, although I have yet to experience that but my lb a day gain has stopped. Burning has reduced. So, so far so good. It may be a keeper!

The Following User Says Thank You to K_Lana For This Useful Post:
mellow (05-21-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
(female)

mellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Lana View Post
Yes! I am on it and doing ok. Tired, but not like Neurontin. Plus, it helps with weight loss, although I have yet to experience that but my lb a day gain has stopped. Burning has reduced. So, so far so good. It may be a keeper!
If you don't mind me asking, what is the dosage like? is is comparable to other AED's? EX: 50mg day then 100 etc. Neurontin zombified me @ 300 mg a day. I read here that people take 3400 mg a day? OMG...no way. But the Topamax is starting to rear ugly side effects I cannot afford at the higher dosage. I was ok @ 200 mg a day (if i remember ok) and had to go up to 300 mg a few days ago and noticed the eye thing. the itching has been all along, but now i have red bumps all over my body like i got attacked by fleas carrying razors!! lol.

Please post and let me know how you are doing on this as far as effectiveness and side effects. I go back to Dr. in about 2 weeks!!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User

I started with 25 a day for 2 weeks and now going up to 50 a day since I was so sleepy on the others. Not sure what I am going to get up to. I think if 50 works then we stay with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to K_Lana For This Useful Post:
mellow (05-21-2011)
Closed Thread