It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
(female)

knave HB Userknave HB Userknave HB Userknave HB Userknave HB User
Hey old friends. Still kicking.

Sorry it's been awhile. Much as I'd like to give a good report, I can't. Left leg is worse, tingling in left hand, and burning in right foot. Been keeping busy, trying to be optomistic. Funny, I've reached the point that everytime I think about RSD I start to tear up. I'm soooo.. done with this 24/7 pain, but there is nothing I can do. I want to scream, cry, curl up in a ball and wish the world away. Any of the above and all at once. I keep trying to keep a brave face, but it keeps slipping.
talked to a guy in PT today. He broke his ankle and had surgery on the top of his foot by the ankle. The bottom off his foot is sounding just like my foot at the start. New physical therapist told him not to worry. I told him to look up RSD online, decide if it sounds like him, and get another opinion from a new Dr.. PT down played it. Actually ****** me off. Told them, hey, it may not be RSD, but if it is the sooner you start the better it may turn out. I hope he listened to me.
I really wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. let alone a stranger. Okay. Let some steam off. Keep praying I wake up and this is just a real bad dream. Get to see a nuerologist on the 2nd. We will see. Neither of my dr.s want to do anything till they hear from him. Must be nice not to hurt and wait on someone else.
Guess I'd better end this. I'll just keep getting more bitter if I keep on.
Hope everone is doing o'k. I may not type much, but you all are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. God bless us all.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: knave
Grace and Peace (08-23-2011), K_Lana (08-23-2011), Shelbie (08-24-2011), tayden (09-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
(female)

Grace and Peace HB User
Re: Hey old friends. Still kicking.

I hear you my friend. I'm in the same boat, you are not alone. I was diagnosed in June and only have had an orientation to the pain clinic. I have no idea how long it will be to get assessed. We really have to look after ourselves. Bottom line it's our bodies that will heal themselves, we just have to figure out what it needs. The treatment just seems to me to be symptoms relief only. There has got to be something better! It is so frustrating the lack of knowledge and poor advice. I am now on my 5th physio therapist. So far so good I think. Talk soon and don't give up hope. It's all we have!

The following user gives a hug of support to Grace and Peace:
knave (08-23-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace and Peace For This Useful Post:
knave (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Hey old friends. Still kicking.

I'm sorry you are in the limbo waiting period. I'm there too. Had the SCS taken out and on warafin because I'm on a picc line and get blood clots. Can't do any blocks of any type until I'm off of that. I hate just waiting when things get worse and worse. It's easy for the people who are telling you to wait.

Just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: K_Lana
Grace and Peace (08-23-2011), knave (08-23-2011), Shelbie (08-24-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to K_Lana For This Useful Post:
knave (08-23-2011)
Closed Thread