It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
(male)

tayden HB User
rsd pain management

I have had rsd for three years and in this time seen at least 15 different dr.s,most recently at mayo clinic. It appears that nobody seems to understand the severity of my condition.Right now im using family dr. and this is way over his head but he helps me with pain management.Every new dr.I get referred to wants to totally take all my meds away and use biofeedback and other non drug treatments.I understand that those techniques may work well for some but I think its with patients with a lower level of chronic pain.I have had 3 surgeries on my leg that has rsd and after each one my nerve pain got worse. I am desperate to find a dr. that understands rsd and knows that everyone is different and will have different reactions to the same treatment.I actually fear the pain I sometimes feel,I have explained it to so many dr.s and I dont think they understand how severe rsd can be.does anybody have a rsd dr. that is not afraid to prescribe pain meds.I have tried every treatment they have thrown at me and the only one that works nobody wants me to have.rsd is listed as the most painfull disease a person can get why is it so hard to get help treating it?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
RSD Without Pain InnerHarbor Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 3 11-03-2009 12:17 PM
tell me how you get to the point to just accept this awful pain!!!! excowgirl Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 22 05-08-2009 02:30 AM
Pain relief RoseinSanDiego Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 5 03-12-2009 08:34 PM
Pain Levels Mercy2 Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 25 11-10-2008 12:37 AM
Pain Management... and Dentists? LdyNY Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 3 10-27-2007 02:14 PM