It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
(male)

tayden HB User
sleeping & RSD

Tonight is one of those nights that I cannot fall asleep because my leg is going crazy,I control my pain pretty well throughout the day but the second I try to go to sleep my rsd goes crazy!Does anyone else experience this and if so what do you do?I dont understand why the meds work during the day but seem not to at night?Once I lay down I get symptoms that I rarely experience during the day,like muscle spasms and numbness then its like my whole leg is on fire inside and then to top it off i'll get real sharp stabbing and it feels like my leg is being torn off right behind my knee.Ive tried just about everything it scares me because I explain this to friends,family and the dr.s I see and none of them understand.I guess I am just fed up with having a disease that nobody seems to care much about.I wish there were some way that people without rsd could feel what we feel just for one day,I think they would be shocked at what we go through.Best wishes to all of you,and pray that someday we will all be pain free.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: tayden
K_Lana (09-13-2011), maggietaz (10-03-2011), rayefaye (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: sleeping & RSD

NIghts are bad here too. Really, any time I sit and rest it seems worse. I think during the day I'm so busy that I feel the pain, but being busy helps take my mind off of it some. But any time I sit for a second I realize how much it hurts. Night is worse because it is quiet and then add the sheets and the pain they bring and any movement from my husband in bed causes pain...all that adds up. I don't have a solution for it. I just know that usually I have a pattern of little sleep for 2-3 days and better sleep the next nght because I'm so exhuasted, and then no sleep for 2-3 days, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
(female)

wendyk33 HB Userwendyk33 HB User

I feel for u, my rsd is really bad at night too. What I did was go to my dr and get sleeping pills because when I am asleep, i dont know I have pain! Sometimes I dream I am in pain but stay asleep. Prob not the smartest thing to do but it works for me. Helps me handle my days better if I get my sleep at night! Take care

The Following User Says Thank You to wendyk33 For This Useful Post:
tayden (09-23-2011)
Old 10-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
(female)

michaels1mom HB User

I hate the nights too. It is too quiet and the pain is always worse at night and I always feel more of the pain at night. The kids are asleep so there are less distractions. It used to be my "me" time. RSD has taken that away from me now. It makes me so mad. Now I have to share my "me" time with RSD and try to ignore the pain, even though I can't. As for sleep..... what's that? How awesome it would be to get a 'good night's sleep'!

Closed Thread