It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2001, 08:04 PM   #1

terismoon HB User
Post Nerve Block to Diagnose RSD

hi, My name is Teri and on Monday I am going to have a Nerve Block. I am very afraid, the doctor told me he will be sticking a needle into my neck to block my sympathectic nerve. If I get relief of the pain then it is definately RSD. Can anyone tell me if this will cure the pain? What happens after the Nerve Block? Will I be able to do things without pain?

Thanks in advance.
Teri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2001, 05:26 AM   #2

tony HB User
Hi Teri......I had nerve block injections in the neck area on both sides as i was diagnosed with RSD in both hands. I have had a total of 6 injections on each side. You will not feel immediate relief with only one injection. Usually it takes several treatments before you actually start feeling better. That was the case with me. The injections if administered properly dont hurt as bad as it may sound. I am happy to say that the blocks worked for me and it has been about 4 months since my last shot and i am feeling much better. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2001, 05:37 AM   #3

terismoon HB User
thank you Tony, I have to admit that I am very nervous about this morning. Actually I'm scared to death...I don't like needles, I don't like going to the doctors...I'm a 40 year old chicken. But I just need relief from the pain and I've got to do this. Thanks again.

Teri

Old 06-11-2001, 04:52 PM   #4

tony HB User
Good evening Teri.......I hope everything went well for you today. Just remember dont expect miracles after only one shot. It will take several blocks before you start feeling less pain and stiffness. Keep a positive attitude about the treatments and everything im sure will work out well for you. Keep the faith. Take care and God bless.

Old 06-12-2001, 04:14 PM   #5

terismoon HB User
hi again Tony,

Well I had it done, it was very painful, I was very glad when it was over, but I have to go back in 2 weeks to have it done again. I had a lot of pain in my neck and back while it was being done, but when it was over I didn't feel any different. I lost my voice for about 7 hours, and everyone said I looked like I'd had a stroke on my left side. This morning when I woke up I was back to normal and the pain and ache is still there. Maybe after the 2nd one I will feel some relief. I thank you so much for your kind words, I can't tell you how much I appreciated it.

Thank you,
Teri

Old 06-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #6

tony HB User
Hello Teri....... I hope you are feeling better today. The drooping of the side of the face where the injection was placed along with the change in voice is quite common with these nerve block injections. As for myself i only had the drooping of the eyelid for a short period of time but never experienced the change in voice. Question for you....did you feel any relief in the pain immediately after the shot? If the pain was as severe as before the injection maybe you have something else causing your affliction other than RSD. Could be carpal tunnel, arthritis, or tendinitis. Well i wish you luck. Hope you start feeling better. I have been down that road and i know how you feel. Take care.
Tony

Closed Thread